Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
AVS In-Channel Ventvisor Pics

Anyone have pics of AVS In-Channel Ventvisor pics on their three-door Yaris? I've found a few via searching, but not sure if they're in-channel or not.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
AVS makes them for the Yaris both ways. Stick on and in channel.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
So these are what you are requesting? There is no question that these are in-channel.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
Thirty-Nine

Right, but are they AVS or Weather Tech? (Or someone else's?)
Old 01-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Right, but are they AVS or Weather Tech? (Or someone else's?)
Thread that the pic came from states they are AVS. I wouldn't have posted otherwise.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I have AVS's on all 4 doors on my sedan. They look exactly like the the ones in the pic WeeYari posted up.

Work great. I'd recommend leaving your windows up for 24hrs after the install to set the glue. The window holds the visor tight against the door and will keep the glue on the tape firm against the door to set it.

I've had mine since the summer and zero issues so far.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #7
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I have AVS's on all 4 doors on my sedan. They look exactly like the the ones in the pic WeeYari posted up.

Work great. I'd recommend leaving your windows up for 24hrs after the install to set the glue. The window holds the visor tight against the door and will keep the glue on the tape firm against the door to set it.

I've had mine since the summer and zero issues so far.
In-channel with tape/glue? That's interesting. Seems to defeat the purpose of them being in-channel.

Don't the WeatherTech in-channel visors just pop in?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
tmontague

It was my first time using window visors so I had nothing to compare them to. They have a thin strip of double sided tape on the front side of the in chanel part. When the window is up, it pushes against the visor pressing the tape against the door.

I couldn't imagine it without the tape. When the window is down nothing would be holding the visor to the door. I guess it just gives extra security and also stops any chatter it could make when the window is down and you're on the highway.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
soldout

Drives: 2010 Blazing Blue 3 Door LB
I have AVS in channel visors I bought from Scott a while back. I received them second hand and do in fact have double sided tape from the factory. I cleaned the old tape off and applied new tape.

Also, be sure to clean the inside track really good with a microfiber towel and some good cleaning solution then let it air dry and then do a final surface prep with alcohol.

I love mine, I think they look great but it took me a little while to get used to them since it makes the window frame about twice as thick and takes some time to get adjusted to the amount of side window glass you have to look out of.
95' - Delsol VTEC ~ The Racecar
12' - Burgman 400 ~ Garage Queen
09' - Agility 125 ~ 80mpg Daily Rider
09' - Metropolitan ~ Weee
14' - Ecosmart Metro ~ Razor
soldout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #10
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldout View Post
I have AVS in channel visors I bought from Scott a while back. I received them second hand and do in fact have double sided tape from the factory. I cleaned the old tape off and applied new tape.

Also, be sure to clean the inside track really good with a microfiber towel and some good cleaning solution then let it air dry and then do a final surface prep with alcohol.

I love mine, I think they look great but it took me a little while to get used to them since it makes the window frame about twice as thick and takes some time to get adjusted to the amount of side window glass you have to look out of.
Do you have pics of them on your car? Trying to get an idea of how far they protrude out from the windows.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #11
tmontague

In comparison to ones I've seen on Honda's where I live they do not protrude too far, maybe 2-2.5" from the top. The pic WeeYari posted gives you a good idea.

Some of the one's I've seen on cars around here look plain silly. They're massive and they are over channel so they just look goofy and not factory at all
Old 01-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #12
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Do you have pics of them on your car? Trying to get an idea of how far they protrude out from the windows.
The AVS profile appears to be quite similar to my Toyota visors. Basically, they sit proud of the window enough to slip your fingers in under the edge. So maybe 1/2 to 5/8th inch. My car is not handy to me at the moment so I cannot actually measure the cap between window and visor.