Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
pvt_melfi13b

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sport
Send a message via AIM to pvt_melfi13b Send a message via Yahoo to pvt_melfi13b
Exclamation Need help finding dash kit for my 2007 Yaris Sport Sedan

Hey everyone,

I know that someone else has to have posted this by now, but I probably overlooked it. I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris Sport Sedan as the title says, but I am having the most difficult time trying to find the proper dash kit for my car. I am going to include 2 pictures for you guys so you can have an idea of what I'm saying if you don't already. The problem that I am faced with that my radio is integrated with my vents, hazard lights, clock, and odometer trip reset button which are all located above the radio. All of the dash kits that I have seen thus far are all single din and say that they will work with my car, but it doesn't integrate the vents and other buttons into it. If someone could help me find what I'm looking for, I would greatly appreciate it and would owe you a debt of gratitude. Thank you for taking your time to help me out with this guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0619001746.jpg (74.5 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg 0619001746a.jpg (81.7 KB, 370 views)
pvt_melfi13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Ahhh sweet. I just replaced my integrated with a little 1 DIN POS deck. he he

Oh, I also need to give you a hard time there Redleg. The search button would have given you what you needed. This comes from an 11B...

There are going to be two pieces you'll need to replace that integrated deck. We'll start with the factory plugs and all:

Dash Kits - Single Din / ISO Mount
Metra 99-8216
American International TOY K969

Dash Kits - Double Din / ISO Mount
Metra 95-8202

Harnesses - Plugs Directly into Vehicle Plug (for aftermarket stereo)
Metra 70-1761
Best Kit BHA1761
Scosche TA02B

There you go redleg. Now, go do some damage.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
pvt_melfi13b

Thank you for the reply. Just one question though.

Hey, thanks for the reply and the time to explain it for me. However, the problem that I'm running into is that I need the dash kit like you had in the pictures, but when I looked up those parts and read the instructions on them, they showed a completely different dash than I have. They showed the dash for the basic model and I have the sport model, which is different. However that kit on the bottom in the picture that you showed. Just the blank space for the radio and the three blank spaces for the vents and indicators. How did you get that one?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

That silver piece is one you order from Toyota. Do a look on my build topic. You should see that part number that the bezel piece is on there.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
Vang

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
crutchfield.com provides harnesses and in-dash mount kits, instructions, etc. if you order from them. the silver trim piece you are talking about is available from trdsparks.com for about $62.70(use part numbers search in the oem catalog) or available at your dealer. You must purchase a factory radio trim panel (Toyota part #55405-52640) in order to install an aftermarket radio.
Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Note that the cost from Sparks with shipping SHOULD work out to be the same price as your local dealer...at least it did for me.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
pvt_melfi13b

Has anyone ever heard of this? I just talked to my toyota dealership and they told me that if my radio has a lcd screen, then I won't be able to use a dash kit on it. That just doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else agree with me?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvt_melfi13b View Post
Has anyone ever heard of this? I just talked to my toyota dealership and they told me that if my radio has a lcd screen, then I won't be able to use a dash kit on it. That just doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else agree with me?
I'll let you know soon!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Whoa! Wait! Hey there combat arms...

WTF is the stealership saying again?

Answer these questions:

Do you have a replacement radio ready to go in the place of that integrated piece? What is it?

I have a whole section on the removal of my old factory integrated piece and the fab and install of the dash kit (even though it is only a 1 DIN). The same removal process will apply to you.

Slow down, breathe, and lets get to the bottom of this.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
pvt_melfi13b

Thank you SQComp, I knew that what they were saying was complete and utter bullshit. What is the proper name for the piece that I need to order from them so I can go in there and shove it down their fuckin throats.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Fisr, the Toyota bezel piece is Toyota part #55405-52640 (as listed above). It should run around $75 when all is said and done. The 2 DIN kit you want is Metra 95-8202.

There are plenty of us on here that have done conversions fron the integrated source. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions...and so I can give you a hard time for being a Redleg.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
pvt_melfi13b

Well, SQComp, I definitely appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me and as long as I get the information that I need, I do not care in the least about you giving me a hard time. It's all in good fun sir. Thank you for your help again.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
pvt_melfi13b

Hey guys, thank you again for all the help. I just left Toyota a little while ago and I now have my part coming in and I should have it in a day or so. Thank you so much again. The retail price for it was like 75, but they ended up charging me 108. It's fucking highway robbery. lol Oh well, small price to pay now that my girlfriend told me that seeing as how I'm going through all this trouble, I need to get a navigation or dvd player double din system. lol Thanks guys, especially you SQComp!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

That price was robbery! You can thank then for the 30 dollar up charge...and tell then you'll never do business with then again. Which 2 din navi are you getting?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
pvt_melfi13b

That's just it. I was all prepared to get a single din radio, but my girlfriend just told me that if I'm going to be doing all this, then I might as well as get a navigation and dvd double din unit, which she offered to buy me for my birthday. So, I have no clue what unit I want to go with. Any suggestions? lol
Old 06-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #16
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
They didn't even lube it up when they stuck you with that price.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
07 yaris, dash kit, headunit, radio, sedan