Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Ok Injen intake is back in the car,stubby antenna is back on the car,OBX pedal covers back on car,cleared up room for the GReddy catch can,just gotta go get some hose and mount it up.

Next is the Greddy exhaust to go back on.

Sparco shift knob and brake handle are ordered,Sparco brake gaiter installed.

Found a green under dash LED bar I forgot I had from a friends xA to install......may as well get a Green underglow to install this spring too.....

Feels good to be modding again.....lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #38
41magmag41

Drives: Loaded 2007 mica silver sedan
I'd wait until the divorce is final before you invest all that money in the yaris otherwise she might go for that to. Just a thought from someone whos been there.
41magmag41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #39
Mistry

Drives: Red Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzinn 1 View Post
just gotta go get some hose and mount it up.
Got that right!
Just wait till after the divorce though
Mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #40
bzinn 1

We are being civil about it,she gets the tC,with all the parts I bought and she leaves me to build my Yaris......no worries.......she has more to lose than I do,there is over $15000 into the tC.......she gets it all free and clear,heck the stereo was nearly $4000.....we already got the paperwork filled out for uncontested divorce,jsut gotta get $280 to file it and then 90 days later it is done.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #41
bzinn 1

Got the Green under dash lights in today as well,cannot wait till dark to check it out.....lol
Old 01-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #42
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
good luck she's gonna look great and be fun.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #43
bzinn 1

Well bought the Sparco shift knob Friday night and it is here today....Sparco Bio,but it is in dark grey suede instead of the standard black leather....first one like it I have seen,best part is it was a store display and was $39 shipped off ebay and came with everything short of the original box.....

I will get some pictures up this weekend of the progress,hoping for no rain so I can put the GReddy catch can and GReddy exhaust on......apartment living sucks in the PNW.....

Next will be Sparco brake handle and then SAmco hoses,found them for $25 on ebay after some searching and they will get purchased Friday.

Then next is tires for my wheels.......I want Neo Gens like I had on the tC but may just do a set of Kumhos or Falkens to save soem money unless I can find a deal.

Then comes tint.....and Sparco seats......

Heck I may be show ready by spring.......lol
Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #44
bzinn 1

Waiting to hear back from afriend with an xA but he has a set of 17" Work Emotions,the ones with 9 spokes,in bronze,42 offset,with tires,he wants 600 and stock steelies,he is selling his xA........I am hoping he will wait 2 weeks.....that would be a big upgrade for the Yaris huh......lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...99_DHzUw-M.jpg
Old 01-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #45
bzinn 1

May have a set of red Sparco evo 2s on the hook for 500.......buddy just totalled his tC on friday,one may be busted though as he got hit on freeway by suv,after he hit a barrier with the butt of car at 70,he was at a stop when the suv hit him going 70,he was out of car and got away with no injuries other than totalled car.......

I think the passenger seat is fine,rained on sittign since friday in the car with busted window.......brand new seats,2 months old......

pray for me......lol

picture of his car and the seats......

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...fe91b8ab58.jpg

Last edited by bzinn 1; 01-12-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #46
bzinn 1

Well got under dash lights installed,Sparco Shift knob installed,Sparco brake handle and gaiter installed.......

got the seats sold out from under me,bummer.....so will be waiting a month for all my money to get here and get a set new,and a set of tires,then car will look nice......
Old 01-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #47
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Hey I know of a cheap place online to get the neogens if your interested. I found them when I had to buy my replacements.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #48
bzinn 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Hey I know of a cheap place online to get the neogens if your interested. I found them when I had to buy my replacements.
yeah let me know,I found them on a few sites as well,probably gonna do the Kumhos on Tirerack since they are just over $300 shipped...... so that will be nice since budget is tight till mid february then will have more free money,like $1000 to play with.......so want to get this car moving forward.

Last edited by bzinn 1; 01-16-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #49
bzinn 1

Ok got the tires on the rims and on the car again......man i forgot how badly i missed the nice hard ride of low profile tires,feels so much more attached to the ground......

I will try to get osme pictures up this weekend,gotta wash the poor thing been raining for week solid and it is filthy........
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 AM   #50
bzinn 1

Well got 20% tint all the way around,looks so much better.......got the grille from Garm ordered tonight and a set of front and back Netz badges for kicks......

Gotta hold off on the seats for about 60 days........stuck taking my money to file the divorce,and pay off one credit card that I am joint on with the wife so I am free and clear on it so there went my seat money for a few weeks.......bummer.

We tried to work things out but it was just too far gone for us both so it was the only decision that needed finalized,I filed on Monday so in 90 days it is done and we both can move on........

I posted a picture of the car from this weekend in the photo section under a day at the beach,went to the ocean to spend the day and have a pizza and a beer......it was our 12th anniversary,spent it alone,left my wedding ring with the ocean and drove home guess it was closure for me.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #51
bzinn 1

Got a couple new pictures of the install of todays parts,nothing special,Netz badges and the Grille from Garm......it is kinda hard to install without any help but I got it in....sorry about the dark pictures,it is night now and pouring rain.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #52
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
looks good!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #53
bzinn 1

thanks i cannot wait for the rain to finally stop so I can strip the old wax,clean the paint,and sit for hours polishing the winters swirlmarks out of the paint and bring it back to a nice mirror shine.......

I am sad I had to put my Sparco seats on the back burner for a couple of months to be able to tackle a medical bill.......I thought I was having a heart attack about 4 weeks back,and after who know how many hours of doctors checking me out........well it turns out I was having anxiety attacks,severe ones and they caused me all the signs of a heart attack.......it was fricking scarey......

But once they are paid I am good to go for modding.......next mods will be the Miracle Bar,CF hood,rear spoiler,and Sparco seats,I am hoping by summers end to have it all in........

This is a fun car to mod and it starts to look really nice with so little effort which is great.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #54
bzinn 1

Well the last couple of months are full of weird for me.....lol

I am still working on gettign the harness bar in the works......it is a go,just gotta get time to go get the thing installed and measured up and then one will be available for the HB.

Also the camber plates are still a go,just been to busy with work to get them installed and set to go for production.

Over the last few months my ex has managed to go through all her money so now the tC is gettign parted out......it sucks as I worked really hard to build that car.......

But I am buying back the Avic D3,the amp,and subs so I at least have a start on the stereo for the Yaris......plus I get all the Knukonceptz wires that went in to it.....so I got a good start......

Got a line on a set of about 6 month old Sparco Evos that should be in by fall......

Gotta gut the tC this weekend.....it sucks but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do......