Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Any info on 2008 models ?

Has anyone heard any info on updates/changes on the 2008 models ? I wish Toyota would add new colors (burgundy/jade green) and moonroofs/sunroofs; also leather interior option and two-tone interior on the Liftback (like the S-sedan interior).
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner View Post
Has anyone heard any info on updates/changes on the 2008 models ? I wish Toyota would add new colors (burgundy/jade green) and moonroofs/sunroofs; also leather interior option and two-tone interior on the Liftback (like the S-sedan interior).

Not that I know of. I have an educated guess in that we won't hear about the 08 model till mid to late summer or fall of 07. Because(For U.S.) it came out in the spring of 06. Toyota might add more options, hopefully a tac for the hatch!!! No I don't own one but it give more of incentive to wait and get an 08. I wouldn't expect too many upgrades as to keep the price down, remember the Yaris in the U.S. is an entry level car so its to get you started then move to bigger cars Corolla, Camry etc. That's the general idea. But maybe as sales stay strong Toyota might add more stuff or wait until the mid-life cycle refresh in which I'm guessing 2010/2011??
Old 02-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner View Post
With these options it would price itself out of the intended market! I know I wouldn't have paid 18 - 20K for a Yaris liftback!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Moose
Resident Redneck

Drives: 07 Polar White Yaris Sedan 5M
Colors will, likely, be the only additions, if any. Realistically, don't look for any major changes until the mid-model update in the fall of '09- even then, the changes will be limited to headlight/taillight assemblies and grille/bumper cover design. The basic sheetmetal will remain unchanged until the redesign of 2011.

For the record, the Yaris will not have leather, ever, and will probably not see a sunroof. Toyota has to maintain a clear division of model lines between the Yaris and Corolla, and those are Camry options.
1985 Toyota Celica GTS Coupe 5M- track whip
http://www.importlounge.com
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

For the record, the Yaris will not have leather, ever, and will probably not see a sunroof. Toyota has to maintain a clear division of model lines between the Yaris and Corolla, and those are Camry options.
well said. if the corolla dont have it, we aint gettin it. and if it does have it, theres no guarantee we'll get it.

--B
Old 03-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #6
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Perhaps so for the US market (can't comment), but we already have leather here in Thailand and a few extra features not found on US models, while JDM models can be spec'd up with AWD, CVT transmissions, and 3 different gasoline engines, and other markets even have the option of a 1.4L Diesel engine..

Pretty versatile platform, and given the growing trend towards green cars, who knows what's around the corner..

Here in Thailand the top model Yaris is more expensive than a base Corolla, and if you exclude Taxi sales (most Taxis here are Corollas), I'd say the Yaris would probably be outselling it as well. The sedan equivelant of a Yaris (called a Vios, to be replaced by a Yaris sedan actual next week), is easily the top selling passenger car in the country, and the top model for it is also more expensive than a base rolla.. Different strokes?
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 AM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I hope it doesn't change to be honest. Its just right the way it is.

Tell me you don't like your dirt cheap new car payment and I'll tell you to put leather in a Yaris.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I would have paid more for a juiced up Yaris.

Hell... I think I have.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Yeah, I would have too... but I'm having a lot more fun doing it on my own terms, yanno?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Yeah - part of the fun is making it unique.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #11
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
you willing to source some parts for me????
Old 03-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Well a tach would be nice to have in the LB... imho
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
BlueLiftback

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue 5-speed L/B
I would have liked a tach for about the first 1000 miles or so. Ever since then I have become much more in tune with the car to the point that I'm pretty sure even if I had one I would RARELY look at it.

The best value in the whole Yaris lineup is still the hatch with the convenience package (mainly for the 15" wheels/tires, but the stereo and other little stuff is worthwhile too). In a 5-speed it's under $13,000.

$13,000 for a unique, fun to drive, great on gas, TOYOTA.

Leave it be, I'm fine with it =).

FWIW, I work at a Toyota Dealership and as of March 1st we have no information that they are changing anything.

Tim
BlueLiftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eijikikimaru View Post
Well a tach would be nice to have in the LB... imho
Buy one.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
Here in Thailand the top model Yaris is more expensive than a base Corolla, and if you exclude Taxi sales (most Taxis here are Corollas), I'd say the Yaris would probably be outselling it as well. The sedan equivelant of a Yaris (called a Vios, to be replaced by a Yaris sedan actual next week), is easily the top selling passenger car in the country, and the top model for it is also more expensive than a base rolla.. Different strokes?
Awww..... the Vios looks much nicer than the Yaris Sedan... I rented one before in the Philippines its 1.5 too and pretty fast going 160kmh at the expressway,cops dont care ... but the shifting is long and slow. unlike the yaris... so I guess where getting the YArii there too...

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:18 AM   #16
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
Awww..... the Vios looks much nicer than the Yaris Sedan... I rented one before in the Philippines its 1.5 too and pretty fast going 160kmh at the expressway,cops dont care ... but the shifting is long and slow. unlike the yaris... so I guess where getting the YArii there too...
The "old" Vios runs the same mechanicals as the current Yaris (1NZ-FE + gearboxes), so Yarii have the same basic performance, albeit a little fatter (Yaris is ~40KG heavier than the equivelant badge in Vios). So if you enjoyed the Vios, you'll enjoy the 1.5L Yaris as well :)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #17
Snake

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Snake
if you guys are driving the yaris without a tach I would suggest hitting the rev limiter a few times to sense the sound of what 6400 rpm feels like
until I got a tach I could never tell how high the motor was reving on this car, i bet most of you go to about 4k at the highest rpm level

buy a tach on ebay for 80 bucks, it will be the best investment you make on your manual liftbacks
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #18
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
That dumb bench rear seat should be eliminated. The 60/40 split (fold-flat) version should come standard in all Yarii. Cruise control should be optional; the tach, ABS, side airbags, and center arm rest should be standard.

Would be nice to have a sport suspension (with stiffer shocks, a rear sway bar, and upgraded tires) as an option too.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote