Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2015, 05:20 AM   #37
skocka

Drives: 2015 Yaris, 1.3 VVTi, 6MT
Yeah, it's French. I'll ask the dealer if I am the only one who claims this.
skocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:02 AM   #38
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
The hatch on my 2014 (French built) doesn't always close securely. Occasionally, the light on the dash indicates a door is ajar... and it's always the hatch that needs to be closed more firmly.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #39
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
The hatch on my 09 doesn't easily latch since new. Since the light in the back comes on when the hatch isn't shut I worried that could drain the battery but it never has.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #40
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
The hatch on my 09 doesn't easily latch since new. Since the light in the back comes on when the hatch isn't shut I worried that could drain the battery but it never has.
A few times, my hatch light has been on all night, and I was concerned the car wouldn't start. Now, I'm careful to check if the hatch light is on after closing the hatch.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #41
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
As mentioned in my post, no. 36, I did check to see if there was any adjustments by removing the hatch opening rear sill trim to reveal the striker's fixing bolts. There is no front to back adjustment. The bolt holes are not elongated at all. Nor is there any way of adjusting the actual latch on the door itself.
I know that in most, if not all, my previous cars there has been some adjustment.
My car is due it's second service, at the stealers, in a few weeks, I will mention it then. However, I don't want them to start tampering and making it worse.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:37 AM   #42
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
The hatch on my 2014 (French built) doesn't always close securely. Occasionally, the light on the dash indicates a door is ajar... and it's always the hatch that needs to be closed more firmly.
I thought the Yaris wasn't French built until 2015. Am I mistaken?
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #43
skocka

Actually, my 2015 Yaris seems to be built in Belgium. I've just looked into my documents and there's written "TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE, BEL".
Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #44
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
A few times, my hatch light has been on all night, and I was concerned the car wouldn't start. Now, I'm careful to check if the hatch light is on after closing the hatch.
Me too! But a couple of times when the hatch wasn't shut and the light was on all night the car started right up. Now that my battery is approaching 7 years (and Ive decided not to proactively change it) Im much more careful for that not to happen!
Old 12-22-2015, 08:12 AM   #45
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
I thought the Yaris wasn't French built until 2015. Am I mistaken?
There are some 2014 4-door LE's and a lot of 2-door L's that are French built. The French built 2014's are easily recognizable because the seat fabric is black rather than light grey.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #46
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by skocka View Post
Actually, my 2015 Yaris seems to be built in Belgium. I've just looked into my documents and there's written "TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE, BEL".
That's where Toyota Europe's head office is situated. Toyota Manufacturing is in France.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #47
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Took my 2015 SE in for its first freebie 5K "Toyota Care" service yesterday @ 4800 miles (oil/filter change, tire rotation, check fluids, etc.).

I noticed the last few times that I hand-washed my car that the two black plastic "air fins" that are attached parallel in front of the front tires on either side, up under the bumper, were very loose and didn't seem to be mounted correctly at all. One of the bolts on one wasn't even attached to anything on the car. I asked them to look at it. When my car was finished servicing, the service rep told me that those two pieces weren't mounted/installed properly at the factory (they were on backwards, half-ass and not quite in the right spot). I guess some half-asleep/hung-over French guy worked on my car that day during final assembly.

When I look at them now, and tug on them, they are obviously in the proper position, and tight as a drum - just like the rest of the car.

On the bright side, that is the only real manufacturing/assembly "defect" that I have found on my car thus far - and I have actively searched for defects in quite the OCD fashion. The one vibration noise that I was getting in front pillar/door area on rougher roads has stopped, so I guess whatever it was has settled in for the long haul.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #48
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
lol @ quite the OCD fashion
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:41 AM   #49
skocka

Hi, is that shark fin antenna an original spare part? Was it difficult to instal? Some sh*thead stole my antenna yesterday, so I am thinking of mounting this shark fin instead, so it wouldn't be so tempting to steal... Those classic sticks are really easy to unscrew.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #50
Kalispel

Quote:
Hi, is that shark fin antenna an original spare part? Was it difficult to instal? Some sh*thead stole my antenna yesterday, so I am thinking of mounting this shark fin instead, so it wouldn't be so tempting to steal... Those classic sticks are really easy to unscrew.
It's an aftermarket part made by Visual Garage. I ordered it off Amazon - the one they advertise for the Prius C, but it also fits the Yaris fine. It was easy to install. It just takes a bit of measuring/masking-tape (or a really good eye) to put it on perfectly centered and straight. Also, they paint it with the Toyota OEM color code, so that it matches perfectly with the body of the car. I'm happy with it.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #51
Biginjapan13

Drives: lowered/ exhaust
I have a 15 Yaris SE with 20k miles on it and my average MPG is 37.1. Way better then my 2010 that I had prior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biginjapan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #52
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
It's an aftermarket part made by Visual Garage. I ordered it off Amazon - the one they advertise for the Prius C, but it also fits the Yaris fine. It was easy to install. It just takes a bit of measuring/masking-tape (or a really good eye) to put it on perfectly centered and straight. Also, they paint it with the Toyota OEM color code, so that it matches perfectly with the body of the car. I'm happy with it.
I looked at your photos a number of times, but I missed the shark fin. It looks very good!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:03 AM   #53
skocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Great, thank you. Any problems with the radio reception?
Old 04-29-2016, 10:35 AM   #54
Kalispel

Quote:
Great, thank you. Any problems with the radio reception?
Seems to be the same as the stock Toyota OEM antennae, though I haven't ventured outside the city and suburbs much yet.