Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #19
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
I just like how Bose systems work for the home, they sound great, there subs are awesome, wish the car had something like that just better!
If you consider Bose to be a target for sound quality, I'd say pretty much anything will satisfy your needs No offence, but I haven't yet met a single audiophile that would rate Bose anywhere above zero. Non event. Not in my house. Not in my neighborhood, please. That kinda thing

In any case, you really do need to give a better indication of your budget, output expectations, musical preferences, space requirements, and what the rest of your system comprises of before anyone could give you solid advice. I mean, you could put 4 awesome 10" SQ subs in your car, but you're not going to have "sound quality" if they're front-ended by some base model 6" coaxes in the front - you're just gonna have a ton of bass..

Paint us a more complete picture!
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #20
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Or.. you could just wait for this..

No pricing yet, but I'd expect a basic system would cost much more than a new Yaris :P
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #21
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Price point? Don't go above $1000 for everything I guess(I only need subs)

Bose? I just like the way it sounds with my TV/CD's compared to everything else I listened to for the home. Well lately I have heard JLB stuffa nd I must say I have been missing out on a lot! lol.

Ok, so my range in hz is wrong, thanks for correcting me then. I just dont want my car to sound like I got a 12 or 18" Solo X just rattling the shit out of it.

Ok, my set up consists of this;
Head unit = Kenwood DDX8019 with HDradio/Ipod station/GPS.
Front Speakers = TS-A642P Premier 6-1/2" 4-Way Speaker with 280 Watts Max. Power
Rear Speakers = TS-A6992R 6" x 9" 5-Way Speaker with 460 Watts Max. Power
Stereo Amp = Lanzar Vibe 1200watt Amp. = 150watts to each channel at 4-ohm's.
Capacitor = 1.5farad, might upgrade this.
Bass Amp = Hifonics BXi2607D , 2600watts at 1-ohm stable. 800watts at 4-ohms.

My space? My Yaris Sadan trunk.

I'm actually doing something very interesting to it. I'll take a picture so you all can see tomorrow or Sat. The cover is no longer there, I Dynomated the entire trunk and replaced the space of the spare tire with the two amps and cap. On top is a clear pexi-glass cover wiith 45degree angle slots for air(I made this myself). I plan on putting a cathode blue light inisde there to make it nice when you open the trunk.

Basically I will like to use the two sides first so maybe a 2-sub install will be best, not 4. Maybe 10 or 12" subs.

And yes I was looking into the 13w7's. Would be nice to have good sounding subs and at the same time the ability to rock everything to hell(yes I have heard those before at least).

Please suggest stuff everyone please, I don't want to install subs again in the future. I want this install to be done once and thats it.

Thank you everyone.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #22
nauc

Drives: NA
get a Fi Q www.ficaraudio.com

very similar to the W7 but a fraction of the cost

the owner of Fi was the former top engineer of RE www.reaudio.com
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #23
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro