Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
Eroglik1

Drives: 2007 yaris
Need some help and ideas

Hello i am new on here. I have a 2007 yaris sedan automatic. I have been having problems with it starting. It seems to only start when it wants. I have new battery and alternator was just tested. When it doesnt start it just clicks. I usually have to jiggle wires connected behind the pos terminal of the battery.then it starts. Sometimes it starts just fine. It doesnt start i would say about 1 in 10 times. Also one of my belts squeaks real loud when started. I had the serpentine belt replaced already. I jave remote start. When i ise the remote start in the morning the car starts squeaks then shuts off. Then it starts again by itself and squeaks then shuts off. Then starts again this time no squeak and stays on. What could any of this be? Any help or suggestions would be greatly apppreciated
Eroglik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroglik1 View Post
Hello i am new on here. I have a 2007 yaris sedan automatic. I have been having problems with it starting. It seems to only start when it wants. I have new battery and alternator was just tested. When it doesnt start it just clicks. I usually have to jiggle wires connected behind the pos terminal of the battery.then it starts. Sometimes it starts just fine. It doesnt start i would say about 1 in 10 times. Also one of my belts squeaks real loud when started. I had the serpentine belt replaced already. I jave remote start. When i ise the remote start in the morning the car starts squeaks then shuts off. Then it starts again by itself and squeaks then shuts off. Then starts again this time no squeak and stays on. What could any of this be? Any help or suggestions would be greatly apppreciated
okay so the battery..i had same issue now replaced...belt...its not about the replacement that makes the noise, its actually how they tighten the belt...i also had this issue too, now solved..now your car doesnt start 1/10, okay wtf...check the...
1. MAF sensor if its damaged..wires being burnt off or cut
2. check the battery cables too...did you tighten them down all the way..there is another bolt thats attached back of the battery cable..

some people are going to say alternator...but if it doesnt starts 1/10 then i dont think this is the alternator issue..something is not fully connected 😧😧😧😧😧😧

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #3
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Check that your battery connections are tight, and not corroded. Clean them with a wire brush. Sounds like you have a bad connection. It could also be a bad starter, but that shouldn't be affected by wiggling wires.
Cheers.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I agree with CoryM it does seem like you battery terminals are slack or damaged. Also seems like you need a new serpentine belt.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote