Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
Front Bumper Question

I have a question regarding to our USDM front bumper, right now i am planning to change the USDM front bumper to the JDM one and i know that we need to rebar in order to fit right. But how about the grill? does anyone know if the USDM grill is the same as the JDM one or do i have to order the grill as well? Thanks in advance
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
The grille is part of the bumper assembly, there is no need to order it separately.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
tca4

i dont know but Boom Plus Toys say that the JDM bumper dont come with the grill and i have to order that separately...hmm
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
oh ok... I may be wrong then

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
tca4, which front bumper you're ordering? I guess is the JDM RS version? I guess you have to order the bracket for the fog light as well then? And I guess you need the cover for the hole on the bumper, as I saw some cars doesn't have that. Dunno what that hole is for though...
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
That hole is a tow hook.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:20 AM   #7
tca4

Dont think JDM front bumper have bracket for the fog lights but wow it doesnt come with the tow hook cover too?? that means i need to get two grill top and bottom hook cover AND another pair of fog lights?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:46 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

I had to buy the bumper, the fog lights and the license plate lights section separately when I got the rear bumper, so that would not surprise me!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tca4 View Post
Dont think JDM front bumper have bracket for the fog lights but wow it doesnt come with the tow hook cover too?? that means i need to get two grill top and bottom hook cover AND another pair of fog lights?
I think the fog light should be the same, you just need to get the correct bracket to hold it onto the new bumper.

I was thinking about doing the front and rear bumper conversion too, but then it involves too many parts to be order, so I give up for now.
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote