Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2018, 12:10 AM   #37
seatech30

Drives: Yaris 2008 Sedan
Brettguy and castles, thanks for the help and reminder to check brake fluid level, it's been a few days since I checked, I try to do it every couple days. Brakes have felt the same, so my money is on damaged sensor or harness. I did do some dirt roading so it's possible the sensor may be dirty as someone suggested in that thread. I tried semi hard braking in a parking lot but didnt do anything. I'll be stopping at a friend's place in a few days, I'll see if he's cool with me taking my wheels off at his place.

Dodge Aries, you're probably right, but I really don't want to let another day slip by, and I get the impression they're just gonna sly out of it and want to charge me. Just don't want to deal with them really. If it means I just don't have ABS, I'm ok with that. I've been driving fairly slow anyways. Haven't had to slam my breaks once so far.
seatech30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:44 AM   #38
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Well, if it's not fixed by the time you make it here I have a TechStream cable and software and we can figure out what's wrong with it.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:01 AM   #39
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
It could well be dirt fowling one of your sensors if you have been dirt roading. A blast with a jet wash if you come across one under the wheel arches and in the wheels might help.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #40
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatech30 View Post
Well... This has now happened.
They could have messed up the ABS sensor or not properly plug it back in the back.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #41
seatech30

Watched a few videos, looks like I should check the ABS fuse, which is simple enough until I get a chance to remove a wheel.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:05 AM   #42
seatech30

When you get pulled over for going 60MPH in a 80MPH, and...

...you "get off with a speeding warning." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I filled up my tank before entering Yellowstone, and was doing really good on gas mileage, so much so, that I figured I was going to shatter my personal tank range record. I pulled out to a walmart around 490 miles on my tank, and looked up what the nearest next gas station ahead was. It was around 30 miles. Knowing my car gauge, I knew I could make it to the next gas station just fine if I coasted around 60MPH like I'd been doing most of the tank. So I hoped on the road, excited to beat my record, and around mile 505 on the tank, I get pulled over because the officer claimed that he saw me go from 80MPH to 60MPH and what was he to think? I told him there was no way and tried to explain what I was doing. I mentioned to him I had video to prove it and he didn't seem interested. He simply carried on with his agenda. Being dumbfound at the turn of events, I simply complied with him and gave him my ID and registration when he asked for it. When I remarked on the video again, he asked if I could step out of the car. Then once outside he asked me to sit inside his car so he could get out of traffic. On a personal level he was cool, but it still irks me that I was given a warning for speeding when I had proof and wasn't given a chance to provide said proof. If he just needed to run my info, that's fine, but don't smudge my record for it.

I still managed to get to the gas station with 518.5 miles on the tank and filled up 10.936 gallons. Could have totally been a bit less if I hadn't needed to pull over, turn off and on the car and get back up to 60MPH.

On another note, had a great time in Yellowstone and especially liked the drive after exiting the park going eastward to Cody. Slept in a empty "free campsite" park which was kind of creepy, but my gut told me it was ok. The morning after, I saw a deer cross the road right in front of me as I was leaving said park, and I got to drive through a swarm of sheep. The day was off to such a nice beginning. Guess that'll teach me for trying to save gas and being safe on a long road trip.

https://youtu.be/oRSOl2ltObg
Old 06-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #43
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
What a dick!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:42 PM   #44
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Out of state plates are like a magnet for cops. I never understood why, because if the driver doesn't pay the fine there is limited actions the state can take to force compliance. Much easier to force compliance from your own state's citizens.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #45
zoidberg444

Did he search your vehicle? Sounds like a fishing expedition to me. Hoping to either find Cannabis or cash/valuables he could seize under civil forfeiture.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #46
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post
Did he search your vehicle? Sounds like a fishing expedition to me. Hoping to either find Cannabis or cash/valuables he could seize under civil forfeiture.
F civil forfeiture! Don't get me started lol...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 PM   #47
seatech30

Yeah, he ran my info once inside his car. I figured he just thought it was suspicious of a slow car from out of state (possibly with a hispanic inside, gonna give him benefit of the doubt on that one) but I'm assuming the law doesn't allow him to stop me on a suspension (reasonable cause) so he made up the whole 80 to 60 thing then got me away from my evidence. Like I said aside from not letting me show my evidence he was pretty cool dude, didn't say anything off, but clearly just intent on running my info. Or maybe he really did believe he saw me do what he said. We'll never know. i just had to post it to be able to let it go and get it off my mind.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #48
seatech30

Finally got some down time. See pics. That's one chip off my shoulder. I'm sure the lights will go off once I drive a few miles. The other connector was plugged in ok, but the surrounding shell was also loose.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Edit: yup, it turned off soon as I move a few feet. In retrospect, I would have been able to notice if I'd looked from the back of the car, just didn't think it'd be so obvious.
Attached Images

Last edited by seatech30; 06-14-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:41 AM   #49
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
How's the trip going so far? Glad you were able to stop in and have breakfast with us!
Old 06-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #50
seatech30

Hey, yup, it was cool meeting up and seeing your yaris collections haha.

I just got to Detroit area. Camped out overnight in Isle Royale on Thurs, it was a great time. Hiked my legs off then took the ferry back and drove till 1AM, and had to pull off at a rest area to sleep. Got to see some of the rain damage first hand and I heard a story of a tacobell that got wiped out, they showed me a pic of the hole left behind.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #51
zoidberg444

Are you halfway through your trip yet?
Old 06-28-2018, 10:27 AM   #52
seatech30

I guess you can say that. I'm at day 48 of hopefully 90ish. Done 16k miles out of probably 30k (furkot estimate is 28.3k.)
On my "third" day in Montreal. Leaving tomorrow for Maine then making my way south.

I managed to do a bit of trial and error with resizing images on my linux laptop, ran into an issue because I've mixed all my images together, but would like to not shrink the 360images, so trying to make a script that will leave those alone and shrink the rest. Once I have that done I'll be able to post 6 weeks of pics for you guys.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #53
zoidberg444

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatech30 View Post
I guess you can say that. I'm at day 48 of hopefully 90ish. Done 16k miles out of probably 30k (furkot estimate is 28.3k.)
On my "third" day in Montreal. Leaving tomorrow for Maine then making my way south.

I managed to do a bit of trial and error with resizing images on my linux laptop, ran into an issue because I've mixed all my images together, but would like to not shrink the 360images, so trying to make a script that will leave those alone and shrink the rest. Once I have that done I'll be able to post 6 weeks of pics for you guys.
Nice one. Looking forward to seeing.

You get a chance to see Ottawa or Quebec city while you were up in the frozen north?

I just got back from my camping trip. That was only a measly 650 miles and 10 days though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2018, 08:12 AM   #54
Brettguy

Drives: 5 spd MT,black ASA iwheels
hey seatech just wondering in hindsight what you think of your preparation? was there anything that you wish you brought or do you feel that you brought too many things? this is a wealth of information as it is im just curious
Brettguy is offline   Reply With Quote