Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > NY / NJ/ CT / PA
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
27 March 2010 Autocross

8 a.m.- With the temperature at a balmy 33 degrees F, the looks a lone XD and Yaris hatch received when entering the yard could have lasered the hair off Rockland Toyotas back. Sure, at the few autocross events I've been to, including this one, I've seen odder vehicles. Must be jealousy.

10 a.m.- Lineup for the first heat. I'm sixth, and Zefoxe is third in line. Steve must be hungry, because he's munching cones in the first slalom. As I pull to the line, the starter looks at my Seibon CF hood and says- "What's a Yaris need a mail slot for?" I replied- "To give the squirrels extra air" NO- make that should have replied. The actual comment was "IDK, just like the look". Ok maybe not jealousy. Coming through the final slalom on a decent run, I notice a Honda Civic SI hatch coming towards me backwards! WTF! Evade and stop- ruined the run, but at least I got a rerun.

11:30 a.m.- Completed my best run of the day- a 59.6- And no, it may not be fast, but at least I looked good doing it.

1 p.m.- After cone duty, climbed back into the car for the afternoon set. During the first run, I noticed that the lot conditions were terrible- lots of rubble and very sloppy. Reaffirms my belief that parking lots were not made for autocross. On the third run, I lost it where I almost met the Honda earlier on, and took six cones when the front end didn't want to follow the line. Hey Steve- at least I took all my cones on one run!

4 p.m.- Just finished working the cones- well, watching Steve work the cones. The Miatas and the BMWs make the course look easy. I got some ok pics of Steve, and even finished third in the ST class. Steve, i don't think that anyone cares to know that there were only three cars in the class.

Dual Posted on MI and Yaris World
Attached Images

bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
XYaris

Drives: '09 Yaris LB
Sounds/looks like fun. I wish I could've made it. Next time expect more yaris support for sure. Thanks for posting.
XYaris is offline   Reply With Quote