Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #19
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
I have been usion PIAA "super silicone" wipers for years on my Celica (for the summer) and I really love them. They come in the correct sizes for the Yaris. These are the best wipers I have ever used as they are almost like using rain-x.
http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/super.html

I assume that other brands/types that would be more suitable for heavy winter use are avalible in the correct sizes also, although, you might have to buy them on line.

As for the rear HB wiper... I guess you just have to get a wiper "refill" that fits.

BTW, I made the mistake of buying wiper refills from the dealer once and they were ther worst rubber compound imaginable.. ....nothing but chatter!

Last edited by RedRide; 07-24-2009 at 02:47 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Petroleum solvents and oils like WD-40 tend to deteriorate rubbers.

(That's why we have K-Y.)
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
I know, I just read that maybe they have become hard, and since I know what wd-40 does, I thought it would have soften them up.

Its alright for now, the flush of the system, cleaning of the window, AND use of the alcohol on the wiper blades so far fixed all noises.

Now lets see what happens for when it rains next time.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #22
Lafiro

So lots of rain today, hail at times here.

Went to the car, started driving the GF home, about 10-15 wipes later, the stupid skipping started again on the same passenger wiper.

Im sick and tired of this stupid rain-x wiper blade. Never again in my life will I buy this brand. I cleaned the window nicely, and did not use the windex in the tank to clean the window at all, and still the problem came back fast.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
l2a3k2a3i

Drives: 2008 Red Yaris LB 5 sp
^I have the rain x wiper blades too and have this problem constantly. Ive had them for over four months and they have skipped and made ridiculous amounts of noise since day one.
l2a3k2a3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #24
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
FYI, Walmart's ClearView (or View whatever) frameless wiper blades are available from 12" to 26 or 28". They do fairly well considering they are not OEM wiper blades.
Also, Aquapel and Rain-X treatments are good investments... I find wipers last longer when they are treated with water repellent.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #25
Lafiro

I will try one of those treatments when I can. Need to apply for a job tomorrow, go to the gym/go running, and some toher stuff that I already forgot :( not enough hours in the day!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #26
Lafiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2a3k2a3i View Post
^I have the rain x wiper blades too and have this problem constantly. Ive had them for over four months and they have skipped and made ridiculous amounts of noise since day one.
My question to you is, have you ever treated the window with some type of water repellant like others are saying to do?

Because if you have and this still has issues then I will throw this wiper in the trash and buy a new one, or both.

If you haven't then I will get rain-x or something just because it should be a good investment.

Other then that, I was a victim of hail today (yet again)

Got tons of dents on my roof/hood/trunk. Can't even count thats how many I have probably 200+ just on my roof alone. Looks like rain drops everywhere but instead not wet, just dents.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #27
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
8 bucks buys OEM at the dealers here, 4 bucks when they are on sale...
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #28
Lafiro

Just cant believe that in this case, OEM/cheap ones will be a better choice over the expensive ones. Sighs..... I don't have time to mess with that today I don't think.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #29
highwaypass
Captain Slow

Drives: '08 1.5 hatchback
OEM brand is NWB
simply cheap and reliable
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #30
l2a3k2a3i

Drives: 2008 Red Yaris LB 5 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
My question to you is, have you ever treated the window with some type of water repellant like others are saying to do?

Because if you have and this still has issues then I will throw this wiper in the trash and buy a new one, or both.

If you haven't then I will get rain-x or something just because it should be a good investment.

Other then that, I was a victim of hail today (yet again)

Got tons of dents on my roof/hood/trunk. Can't even count thats how many I have probably 200+ just on my roof alone. Looks like rain drops everywhere but instead not wet, just dents.
I have used rain x before and i have a bottle of it but i just haven't had the time to reapply it. Im sure once i do itll fix the problem but like i said... Its finding the time

Btw sucks to hear about your hail damage i had a friend lose his rx-8 to softball size hail a few months ago
l2a3k2a3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #31
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
FYI, Walmart's ClearView (or View whatever) frameless wiper blades are available from 12" to 26 or 28". They do fairly well considering they are not OEM wiper blades.
I keep hearing about these, but I think it is a "north of the border" thing as I have yet to see a frameless blade less than 16" here in the States...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #32
IllusionX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I keep hearing about these, but I think it is a "north of the border" thing as I have yet to see a frameless blade less than 16" here in the States...

Frameless wiper blade GB anyone? :) I guess i can go get as many as i can and ship them over :P

BY THE WAY, when repellent is applied, wipers do not work as good, and streaks alot. especially using windshield washer fluids.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #33
IllusionX

sorry for the confusion.. the name of the walmart wipers are ViewMAX by CAP corporation.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #34
Lafiro

Are they any good? I know they are a good look, but do they work good?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #35
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
When on the road to San Antonio, the passenger side was skipping horribly. Stopped at an Auto Zone and found that you can get away with 15" Rain-X blades. Not really a noticeable difference from the 14" blades (as far as size) and they don't hit the edge of the windshield.

Just throwing it out there.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
texkid

You in town now?

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote