Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #91
cookfreeordie

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
My dealership disabled it in about 15 min.

It was the first one they'd ever done

Show them the manual and they can't deny it

Former 08 Black LB

Current 07 Graphite Spec-V

cookfreeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #92
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
the slot next to the handbrake is perfect for holding a computer hard drive

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #93
Tiddlygoose

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic Sedan SI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookfreeordie View Post
You can have the dealership turn off that annoying beep when you dont buckle your seat belt.
Which dealership? Mine won't as "it deactivates a safety device" I guess they feel that in the event of an accident that we could sue them for turning it off even though we asked for it to be turned off.
Tiddlygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #94
Latka

Drives: 0x Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookfreeordie View Post
You can have the dealership turn off that annoying beep when you dont buckle your seat belt.
Or you could do the smart thing and buckle up your seatbelt. :)
Latka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #95
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka View Post
Or you could do the smart thing and buckle up your seatbelt. :)
Unless he's referring to the annoying-ness of the passenger beep... which I find is always going off when i put something heavy in the front seat. Ugh. Or even when i sometimes lean on (put pressure on it) when driving (if im adjusting myself or something, etc)
Old 11-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #96
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
The rear bumper snaps into place. The car weighs 2200 lbs. The stock muffler comes in and goes out on the same side. The max RPM is 6500. The car stops at 117 MPH. The stock air box has a 1" inlet for air, 2 air filters that are super restraining, and weighs far too much. The engine gets hot after it's been running for awhile. USA Yarii seem to have a cross threaded A/F sensor in the exhaust manifold. The stock header is only 1" in diameter at the smallest point. The rear wiper has a clip-on it that can be broken off or cut off to allow you to change and clean it easier. Some cars do not have a cabin air filter. The stock oil is Synthetic, but the extended warranty only covers regular oil, so you have to pay $8 to get the right oil put in your car. The low jack system really does work. The correct place to plug in a Tach is at the OBD port (where the dealership plugs their thing in to read what your car is doing). The engine travels over 5" when you rev it up. The catalytic convertor acts as a resonator as well as a catalytic convertor. You can change the look of your car simply by scratching it with rocks (I have great kids, and luckily they are still alive... barely). The stock auto can go from 0-60 in 11.6 seconds. The highest recommended speed for the Yaris is 68 MPH. I will post more stuff later. Drive On!
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #97
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81 View Post
The rear bumper snaps into place.
Are you sure? I believe there are two bolts.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #98
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
Quote:
The engine gets hot after it's been running for awhile.
Hmm, mine gets cold...
Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #99
CpKi1g3
High speeds are fun...

Drives: 07' Polar White sedan Base
Send a message via MSN to CpKi1g3 Send a message via Yahoo to CpKi1g3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium Duck View Post
Hmm, mine gets cold...
yeah same here i can go 115 mph and get off the highway and park the car and it will be a cool inside the engine bay
CpKi1g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #100
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
I guess mine is special. I will have to put that in myt car description. 1.5L LB Special.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #101
erickwen
Yaris Driver

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
Unless he's referring to the annoying-ness of the passenger beep... which I find is always going off when i put something heavy in the front seat. Ugh. Or even when i sometimes lean on (put pressure on it) when driving (if im adjusting myself or something, etc)
Yeah, that drives me crazy. The passenger seat used to be my space of choice for carrying milk home from the grocery store; now, not so much.
erickwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #102
Latka

Drives: 0x Yaris Hatchback
I thought there was a switch in the seat - I know there is for airbags in some cars where it won't set the airbag off unless there's something like 40 pounds on the seat.
Latka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #103
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I just want to know where the crank is for the jack. Its not in the place shown in the manual unless i am blind.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #104
2007yariz

Drives: Yaris sedan
Quote:
The rear bumper snaps into place. The car weighs 2200 lbs. The stock muffler comes in and goes out on the same side. The max RPM is 6500. The car stops at 117 MPH. The stock air box has a 1" inlet for air, 2 air filters that are super restraining, and weighs far too much. The engine gets hot after it's been running for awhile. USA Yarii seem to have a cross threaded A/F sensor in the exhaust manifold. The stock header is only 1" in diameter at the smallest point. The rear wiper has a clip-on it that can be broken off or cut off to allow you to change and clean it easier. Some cars do not have a cabin air filter. The stock oil is Synthetic, but the extended warranty only covers regular oil, so you have to pay $8 to get the right oil put in your car. The low jack system really does work. The correct place to plug in a Tach is at the OBD port (where the dealership plugs their thing in to read what your car is doing). The engine travels over 5" when you rev it up. The catalytic convertor acts as a resonator as well as a catalytic convertor. You can change the look of your car simply by scratching it with rocks (I have great kids, and luckily they are still alive... barely). The stock auto can go from 0-60 in 11.6 seconds. The highest recommended speed for the Yaris is 68 MPH. I will post more stuff later. Drive On!
Really? the yaris was filled with synthetic oil in the factory, any links?

Ok if you have power windows and power seat, you can lower your driver seat to flat just like a bed lol.
2007yariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #105
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Wait, there's two filters in the air filter box? I've only seen one filter, and replace it regularly. Should I be looking for a 2nd filter as well? 80,000 adventurous miles...
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #106
gabriel2012

Drives: 2011 Base Sedan
the second filter is behind the glovebox, look at page 165 of your manual, this is a cabin air filter which just makes sure clean air comes out from the a/c instead of dust and other stuff.
gabriel2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #107
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007yariz View Post
Really? the yaris was filled with synthetic oil in the factory, any links?
I don't have a link about the oil, but my car was purchased new in June this year and the oil is / was clear...I could hardly see it on the dipstick. After being driven 3000 miles, the color is now light tan.

I'm wondering about the other statement.....where is the link that the maximum top speed should be only 68 MPH?
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #108
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Sorry guys, I'll post some directions with pics to make it a bit clearer, I'm awful at describing things! This is for the hatchback/Liftback with the digital speedo only, as far as I am aware!

1- Turn your car on to either 'on' or 'start'.
2- Turn on your headlights.
3- Press the same little button that you press to flick through your trip meter.

4- Flick through 'Trip A' and 'Trip B' til it shows up lines like this.

5- Hold down the button and it will flick through the different levels of brightness.

I hope this helps, excuse the blurry photos!

Someone with a sedan or a hatchback with an analogue speedo could confirm whether this is the same in their cars?

Cheers!
I have the same indicator (weird bars graph thingy) on my trip meter as well, but I have a Thai model hatch with an analog optitron (white) with tach. Gonna try this as soon as I get off work! I always wondered what those stupid bars are. . . and the (English translated) manual states nothing of it.