Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #73
bobobitch

Drives: Yaris HB
Send a message via AIM to bobobitch Send a message via MSN to bobobitch Send a message via Yahoo to bobobitch
oh yeah also i know this is really random but where can i get the yaris sport speedometer you know with the tac and speedometer together i have been looking but can not find one thanks for anyone who can help me
bobobitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #74
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobitch View Post
you really so you think they are the same just with a different look??? would you happen to know which is heavier.. i cant find to much info on either of them so that is why im so confused... what kind of K&N filter would fit on the dragon intake though???
yes, the intake pipe should be exactly the same. The Secret has the nice higher end filter. And the Dragon has a chessy looking one imo

Weight difference should be minimal if any. The filter on the secret model looks more robust so it probably weight a tad more.

K&N has a very comprehensive guide on their site. Once you have the intake you just need to measure the diameter of the pipe and get a cone filter that fits on the pipe. pretty simple

Also, if you are looking for a nice and cheap short ram intake I would recomend you to look into the Simota units.

Those are sold by a forum sponsor Yarisuniverse.com (Kargoboy). Ive heard good reviews on those.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #75
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
oh yeah also i know this is really random but where can i get the yaris sport speedometer you know with the tac and speedometer together i have been looking but can not find one thanks for anyone who can help me
Im pretty sure those are not available. And if they are it will be thru a Toyota delear and they probably will be really $$$$...

What must people have done is instal a separate Tachometer
Old 11-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #76
bobobitch

Send a message via AIM to bobobitch Send a message via MSN to bobobitch Send a message via Yahoo to bobobitch
allright i appreciate all the info..
Old 11-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #77
bobobitch

hey another random question i think i made a mistake i accidently did a tune up with a
10w-30 enginge oil. will that mess up my sngine or will it be fine until i do my next oil change?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #78
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
hey another random question i think i made a mistake i accidently did a tune up with a
10w-30 enginge oil. will that mess up my sngine or will it be fine until i do my next oil change?
10w-30 is perfectly fine for the car. You can even continue using that oil if you want.

Check your owners manual for the range of oils that you can use on the Yaris.