Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-31-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
yaris07hb
PnutKar

Drives: 2011 Liftback w/manual box
Driver's power window auto-down disable?

Yes, yes - I know the secret is to "not be the Incredible Hulk" or "just depress the switch lightly for first stage and harder for second". Please, I'm old and set in my ways; all attempts at convincing me of the perceived benefits of Magic Window Down will fall on my increasingly deaf ears.

I dislike this "feature" in both PnutKar and the SuburboPig. I've searched using various puzzle phrases and don't find a solution. Many "How To" make all windows auto-up/down. convert cranky windows to power, fixing various window electrical mishaps.

Can the 2011 Yaris hatchback/liftback driver's power window switch be changed out/modified to disable the auto-down function? I'm hoping it's a simple "replace the switch" type of mod and not an "oh sorry the function is part of the computer" kind of thing.
yaris07hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
2bz

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3DR Hatch MT
Disconnect then reconnect your battery. Parameters stored in the window control module should get lost.
2bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
yaris07hb
PnutKar

Drives: 2011 Liftback w/manual box
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bz View Post
Disconnect then reconnect your battery. Parameters stored in the window control module should get lost.
Ummmm, meaning what? I've had my battery disconnected several times, including a lengthy "no power" stint when I replaced it.

?De-powering erases some logic that provides the fabulous feature? How weird. I suppose it's similar to the threads I saw on resetting the auto-down.
yaris07hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:11 AM   #4
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
you can always wedge something under the switch so your heavy finger wont activate the autodown?
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
Out of curiosity, did the hatchback get the recall for the driver's window switch?

Just sayin... try that.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by rningonfumes View Post
Out of curiosity, did the hatchback get the recall for the driver's window switch?

Just sayin... try that.
It has nothing to do with the door switch.

Toyota Motor Company (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2009-2011 Tundra, Sequoia, Corolla, Corolla Matrix and Scion xB, 2008-2011 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid, 2007 Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2009 Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2006-2011 RAV4, 2006-2010 Yaris, and 2009-2010 Scion xD and Pontiac Vibe vehicles. During the manufacturing of the Power Window Master Switch (PWMS), grease lubricant may have been inconsistently applied to the sliding electrical contacts.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #7
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris07hb View Post
Ummmm, meaning what? I've had my battery disconnected several times, including a lengthy "no power" stint when I replaced it.

?De-powering erases some logic that provides the fabulous feature? How weird. I suppose it's similar to the threads I saw on resetting the auto-down.
No it doesn't.

I would disconnect the switch 2nd level and wire up the 1 level to the 2nd level. This should do exactly what you wish, prevent hitting auto down when pressing the switch completely down. 1st click won't do anything in this case.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk