Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
Yaris review from 2006..lol

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/co...613_092155.htm

Quote:
Aesthetically speaking, the instruments and dials in my test Yaris were an unattractive hodgepodge. The little screen in the center console for the sound system was an unpleasant algae green, while the speedometer and tachometer had light-colored backings, and the odometer and gas gauge were in a monochromatic digital readout like the one on a digital watch. Another design nitpick: There are handy storage compartments for coins and such at either end of the dash, but the pop-open doors on them don't open wide enough for you to be able to see what's inside without craning way forwardnot practical if you're driving.

I guess had they added the complaint about "no cupholders" to the long list, they could have caught on.

hahahaha

Last edited by rningonfumes; 11-28-2008 at 01:17 AM.
rningonfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
doh!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
What a great piece of history!

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
rg570lvr

Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
I don't understand how so many people out there hate the Yaris when so many of us love it. I just bought mine in May, but the minute I first sat in it, it felt like it was custom made just for me. I don't get it.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
they just have it ingrained in their minds that small+cheap = crap...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
It's great when "reviewers" don't even know what they're looking at while sitting in a car and make up some use for it in their head instead of reading the manual or asking someone that might know. Hope the person that did this review has found a new line of work.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Wow, what an idiot. They are clearly cupholders. You would think that the round base and that spring loaded supporter with an arced end would give it away.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg570lvr View Post
I don't understand how so many people out there hate the Yaris when so many of us love it. I just bought mine in May, but the minute I first sat in it, it felt like it was custom made just for me. I don't get it.
I know. Everyone that owns one loves it. Go check out a review site such as Edmunds. The Yaris has one of the highest satisfactory ratings of any car.
People looking in from the outside just see a cheap car. Their loss.
I find people's biggest complaint (in other forums which bring up the Yaris) is the center gauges. They say this one thing would keep them from buying it which is ridiculous. I find Yaris owners including myself like the gauges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
True. Many people automatically refer to economy cars as sh*t boxes based on there old fashioned perceptions. It's really annoying.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #9
mfratt

Drives: BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
I used to have this stigma in my head, but after my second test drive of the Yaris today (and I drove the thing *hard*) its just too awesome of a little car to not love.
mfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
You gotta give toyota some credit I mean ... think about the placement of the cup holders. I admire the person who decided to put them there. They may not have meant to put them there and it may just be a coincidence, but heating makes drink hoottttt and A/c keeps them mighty cold..... so mart.
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:05 AM   #11
rg570lvr

Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
Before I bought my Yaris, I had a 06 Tundra and every time I'd bring it to the dealership to get it serviced, while waiting I would always go look at the Yaris Lb's and there was something that just drew me to them. The cool and unusual look, and the thing that I really liked was the center mounted speedometer and gauges. One day while the gas prices where still high I asked to sit in one, a couple of days later I went back to test drive it and I fell in love with it and traded in my truck and went home in my tiny little Yaris which felt so weird after having a full size truck, but I still love it. It's my baby. To this day I still get complements about it, plus I'm starting to see more of them on the road lately.