Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
DED1982

Drives: 2008 Absolutely Red 2 Dr Hatch
Send a message via Yahoo to DED1982
Scion XB/XD Silver/Dark Grey Leather Steering wheel

***PENDING SALE ON STEERING WHEEL... WILL UPDATE AFTER SALE***

Direct fit into our beloved Yarii. I'm getting out of the Toyota game though, and heading back to old school VWs.

Bought new, used for 1.5 years. Leather is gorgeous and feels so good to drive with. These should have come stock. Perfect match for the dash and silver center stack. Airbag not included. Plug and play OEM+ mod!

$150 plus shipping

Email ded1982@windstream.net or text/call me (478) 297-9969 - Doug

Also, if you're local, I'd be glad to meet halfway (anywhere in Georgia), in that case there would be no shipping

Last edited by DED1982; 07-13-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Pending sale
Old 07-11-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Stick with Toyota, the VWs tend to spend lots of time in the shop. Nice wheel, BTW....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
bizzlebaby

Drives: 4 Dr 07 Sedan
Pm sent
Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
DED1982

Drives: 2008 Absolutely Red 2 Dr Hatch
Send a message via Yahoo to DED1982
PM replied!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
did you get the deal done ?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
pennyracer
boydstir

hi im looking for info on what year scions will the steering wheel swap directly to a 08 yaris liftback any one have this info please advise
Old 07-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
scion tC wheel will fit directly.....all years 05-10 same wheel on the tC.....first gen xB and xA wheels will not fit
Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #8
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Found the part.

Now, how did you get the wheel off of the car?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I apologize to the OP for the thread jacking, but to answer the questions:

TC steering wheels fit, but the "notch" on the back of the wheel is different. The Yaris steering wheel has a an opening, where the Scion one has a bar. This prevents you from being able to perfectly center the steering wheel on the clock spring. I bought a TC steering wheel with the cruise stalk attached off ebay (for far less than a cruise stalk), so I did some experimenting with the TC steering wheel, as it is a nice leather one.

Yaris Steering Wheel:
Steering Yaris.jpg

Scion TC Steering Whel:
Steering TC.jpg

Yaris Clockspring (note the two tabs that the grooves in the steering wheel center on):
Clock Spring.jpg

Here's a video that I put together to show someone how to remove the clock spring, which also shows removing the steering wheel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgWSzVeILhc
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
pennyracer
boydstir

thanks for the heads up this helps alot you really know your stuff CTScott this is what makes this site so helpfull so does the binker shut off when the wheel retuns to the center position after a turn if thats what your mean by it not centering completly ? thanks again bud i want t tc leather wheel just want it work right the first time i install it
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyracer View Post
thanks for the heads up this helps alot you really know your stuff CTScott this is what makes this site so helpfull so does the binker shut off when the wheel retuns to the center position after a turn if thats what your mean by it not centering completly ? thanks again bud i want t tc leather wheel just want it work right the first time i install it

Good questions - After eating lunch, I just mounted the TC one to Crashy. When I tried it before, I had the clockspring taped so that it would not rotate, so in order to slide the steering wheel on I had to cock it a few degrees.

This time I left the clockspring free and rotated it, instead of the wheel. Doing so allows the wheel to go on straight, and shouldn't affect the clockspring's operation, as it is designed to allow for 5 revolutions (so, ~5 degrees out of 1800 is fairly negligible). The turn signal return worked fine in both directions.

Here are some pics:

TC steering wheel mounted on Crashy:
TC - Crashy.jpg

Closeup of clockspring rotation required to put steering wheel on straight:
TC - Clockspring.jpg

Airbag on - Not that the fit isn't quite as nice as the xB/xD wheel above:
TC - Airbag.jpg
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
you have an airbag on Crashy?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
you have an airbag on Crashy?
Not any more. If you look closely you'll see the seams, where I glued the airbag cover back together.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
pennyracer
boydstir

so now that is solved thanks again ctscott looks like the scion air bag has a much better look then putting on yairs air bag on scion wheel wonder if the air bags plug in the same way ? sorry for all the questions but i have another one whats the best winshield wiper controll swith to replace the yaris switch to gain more rear window wiper controll settings found one off a lexus 05 wonder if it will work number on the lexus switch is 17a082-lh
Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyracer View Post
so now that is solved thanks again ctscott looks like the scion air bag has a much better look then putting on yairs air bag on scion wheel wonder if the air bags plug in the same way ? sorry for all the questions but i have another one whats the best winshield wiper controll swith to replace the yaris switch to gain more rear window wiper controll settings found one off a lexus 05 wonder if it will work number on the lexus switch is 17a082-lh

From what I've seen the 2008+ Scion airbags have the same connectors as the Yaris airbag (and they have the dual squibs, unlike the Japanese Vitz airbags, which just have one squib).

For the Wiper stalk check out my DIY for part numbers. The place in the thread where I bought my Prius stalk from typically has them available. The part number that you posted is not a correct number, as it should have 10 digits.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=diy+wiper
Old 07-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Thanks DED1982.
Canada Post delivered today. The wheel was well packed and in pristine condition.

And thanks also to CTScott for the tutorial.
It'll help greatly with the installation.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.

Last edited by MUSKOKA800; 07-30-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Closed Thread