Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #37
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Okay I see now, it makes perfect sense. In that case I'll keep watching this thread for updates. Oh and sorry if I came off as thread-flaming in any way. I'm sure you understand that anyone who's spending their hard-earn cash on anything will be quite picky for quality and hence a bit of a PITA lol, so no hard feelings

Now let's get this thing going. I'm tired of seeing dark empty space behind my steering wheel. Kinda annoying sometimes

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #38
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I like it! But then again i have a sedan and no one makes anything for the sedan. But then again i already have a tach so i really have no use for this.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #39
YaYa1320
YaYa

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
this is GREAT, I want one for sure... PM me and I will buy ASAP... I will buy that one in pics if its 4 sale...
Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #40
anubisx99
here again..

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris LB
Thanks for the interest you will be pm'd, for everybody Garm is suppose to get the sample today, aftr he checks everything will go from there, or just let us know, we'll see what we can do, also DYI will b up soon and install w/o the bolt and nut will be this weekend, we'll test it out for a few days and let u guys know if it's better...
Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #41
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
But then again i have a sedan and no one makes anything for the sedan.
wow. I've spent over a year getting parts for you sedan guys. Ask anyone.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #42
anubisx99
here again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
wow. I've spent over a year getting parts for you sedan guys. Ask anyone.
yes he has...ok for you sedan owners, if the product sales and we get 10 to 15 garantee orders we can make one for the sedan it's up to you guys, hey Garm, please let everybody know when u get and inspect the part, thanks...
Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #43
anubisx99
here again..

ok, so, last night I installed the holder with hot glue and is holding up pretty good so the glue will be the way to go if you do not want to use the bolt and nut, I have made a video and will be up as soon as I can get it out of the camera, we will include the bolt and nut tho just in case, also DYI with pics and the video will still be up for your convenience...
Old 11-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #44
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I got the part late yesterday. I'll take some detail pics today and post them up. Overall, a nice piece. There are some flaws on the one I received, but I think the guys said that would be cleaned up on future production pieces.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #45
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
It might look cleaner if you used a male and female flush mounted bolt in the kit. Similar to whats below. They come in all sizes and colors.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #46
cruz-gsr

Drives: 08 Yaris Lift Back
thats a good option, where do you think i can get them.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #47
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
google flush mount male and female bolts and you'll get several sites dedicated to selling them
Old 11-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #48
cruz-gsr

Drives: 08 Yaris Lift Back
new pics

here some other pics with the hot glue install

also here is a pic w the door open

Old 11-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #49
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Ok guys here we go. I'm sure that the guys will post up after this and comment on the pod gauge. I respect the guys for creating and producing this piece, and I hope you all will too.

Overall Impressions

I'm going to say overall the piece is ok, but not outstanding. If this is the finished piece, it will require some finishing to look top notch. One note is that these pics are meant to show the flaws as clearly as possible, so please keep that in mind. I probably would have bought this if I hadn't mounted my gauges already, but I'd have it wrapped in CF or finished in some other way. I honestly don't think it's ready to just mount in the car and look great.

The "Problems"

The piece has some flaws. 1 and 4 below are results of the mold itself, and may be difficult to change. The rest are surface flaws, and could be fixed pretty easily.

1. The lip around the edge is completely different on one side than the other. This is a result of the mold.
2. There are numerous marks and pits in the overall surface.
3. Overall, the surface is a little uneven and "wavy".
4. Set against the glovebox, we see a 1/4" gap at the top of the pod where it sets against the dash. I pushed pretty hard with my hand and it didn't close the gap. Not noticeable from inside the car, but it is from the outside (Pics 5 and 6 show this).

ok, so here's the pics.

Closed Thread