Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2022, 10:01 PM   #1
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
left rear interior panel hidden plugs

pulled the ENTIRE interior out of the 07 5 door yesterday to clean and install dynamat and thermal insulation..since theres a scorcher coming...and road noise sucks

big job, 75% finished it yesterday wrapped it up in a few hours today

hoever i found a couple of empty plugs behind the lowwer left rear black panel, ones a 4 pin i think the other was a 2 pin, both are bundled up and clearly have never been connected to anything..wondering what they are for...found a matching 2 pin on the right hand side so im kinda assuming extra speakers? ie surround sound? amp? sub?...but the 4 pin on the left has me really puzzled

anyone got some insight?.....90% positive the car has the power package harness being a canadian car and thus far everythings been plug n play save for the 1 wire for the CC
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 11:27 PM   #2
mannycheckers

Drives: 2009 Yaris 2dr Liftback
This may be a shot in the dark, but do you have a rear wiper?

Also, you may want to poke around the repair manual. You should be able to access one here: https://cardiagn.com/2007-toyota-yar...r-manuals-pdf/

Let me know if you can't as I may be able to upload some sections.
mannycheckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:35 AM   #3
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannycheckers View Post
This may be a shot in the dark, but do you have a rear wiper?

Also, you may want to poke around the repair manual. You should be able to access one here: https://cardiagn.com/2007-toyota-yar...r-manuals-pdf/

Let me know if you can't as I may be able to upload some sections.
yup the cars got rear wiper and squirt factory

the plugs are both mid way up the wheel arch on the forward side

sadly for some reason i cant get the wireing diagram to open up
Old 07-27-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
mannycheckers

Drives: 2009 Yaris 2dr Liftback
Here is a link to the manual: https://drive.proton.me/urls/XDZ4MGTNZR#nCnZfdjedA2l

The connector may be for airbags or door control receiver according to the wiring diagram. But idk. I don't have a 5-door.
mannycheckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 12:59 PM   #5
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannycheckers View Post
Here is a link to the manual: https://drive.proton.me/urls/XDZ4MGTNZR#nCnZfdjedA2l

The connector may be for airbags or door control receiver according to the wiring diagram. But idk. I don't have a 5-door.
sweet thanx for that...ive been hunting for chunks of the manual for a while

i have doubts about it being airbag related unless there was some option for side curtains or something

i think im going to re-pull the panel and get a good shot of the plugs and the location