Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #199
ghidz

Drives: Yaris 1.0
Hi, sorry for my english, i'm italian. I've bought this cruise control

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-IT

I've checked all the cable and they seems to be ok but the cruise is not working.
If anyone of you can help me will make me very very happy :)

I drive a 2013 Toyota yaris 1.0L
ghidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #200
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
As far as I am aware, the 1.0L does not have the ECM programming for cruise control.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #201
ghidz

Drives: Yaris 1.0
Oh hell. What happen if i go to the dealer? can they reprogram the ecm or is not possible?
ghidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #202
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghidz View Post
Oh hell. What happen if i go to the dealer? can they reprogram the ecm or is not possible?
No. You would need an aftermarket cruise control system, which can be quite costly.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #203
texascolt45

Drives: 2015 yaris
anyone try this on a 2015 1.5 liter L model with an auto trans?i'm curious to know if it will activate the cruise.
texascolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #204
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascolt45 View Post
anyone try this on a 2015 1.5 liter L model with an auto trans?i'm curious to know if it will activate the cruise.

Yes. I have sold quite a few kits to people with 2015s.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #205
850spdr

Drives: 2013 Yaris 4d
ECM pinouts question

Hi-
I have a 2013 Yaris which has a no start will crank problem. My ECM connector configuration and pinouts are different from those on the TIS documentation.
Is there some way I can get valid connector drawings and signal lists? My ECM is a 89661-52R40.
thanks
850spdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #206
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850spdr View Post
Hi-

I have a 2013 Yaris which has a no start will crank problem. My ECM connector configuration and pinouts are different from those on the TIS documentation.

Is there some way I can get valid connector drawings and signal lists? My ECM is a 89661-52R40.

thanks

Please post a separate thread instead of hijacking an unrelated one.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #207
doller
I've made a post!

Drives: '15 fire red yaris 1,33 vvt t2
Hi
which Toyota part number cc stalk do you yaris sorcerers recommend for my 2015 yaris 1,33 vv-t ?
thumbs up from denmark

wow first post
doller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #208
nikatsgr

Drives: yaris diesel 2012
sorry for my poor english.first time in forum.In my Toyota Yaris D4D 2012/07 model STYLE TYPE- NLP130L-CHFSXW, everything is in place,and the clutch switch s in place in the pin 1-2 ihave 5 volts in grey wire and 0 in brown i have put a used oem cc switch and did not work!!i have read that european yaris not support cruise control.is it definately???any solution???thanks any way!!!!!
nikatsgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #209
marspike

Drives: Yaris 2014, Y. HSD 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikatsgr View Post
sorry for my poor english.first time in forum.In my Toyota Yaris D4D 2012/07 model STYLE TYPE- NLP130L-CHFSXW, everything is in place,and the clutch switch s in place in the pin 1-2 ihave 5 volts in grey wire and 0 in brown i have put a used oem cc switch and did not work!!i have read that european yaris not support cruise control.is it definately???any solution???thanks any way!!!!!
I have same engine, but mine was product in end 2013 (Business). And mine was delivered with factory CCS whose worked. Two thing, once your CCS was not plug on pin 40 to the ECM. Or second possibility your ECM was not progammed for a cruise control switch.
ECM is a metal box located under the hood in difficult access behind secondary fuse box in right passager side.
marspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:32 AM   #210
nikatsgr

Drives: yaris diesel 2012
ok i will search for pin 40 and if is not pluged anything what shall i plug on it???and second
can i reprogramm my ecm (not me offcourse)or something is missing from ecm?
nikatsgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #211
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Red face

Big thanks to CTSCOTT for letting us know this was possible. I have just fitted cruise control to my 2012 Austrailan 1.3L yaris. I only bought the Yaris recently as a second car, and was nearly put off the purchasr because of the lack of cruise control. I found a switch on eBay for AU$17 delivered for whatwas a $650 option in 2012.

For the 2012 model with steering wheel audio controls you don't need to disconnect the battery or airbag, but it's a good idea to remove the horn fuse from the fuse box next to the battery when you go to push the central airbag and horn button back on to the wheel. If you don't the horn will sound when you push the airbag unit back on to the montings.
kevinj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #212
amit87

Drives: MY63 Toyota Yaris 1.33SRManual
OK I finally done mine! I am from the UK, I ordered the cover part from toyota (part# 45186-0d030-C0 (C0 = black) and cost me £5.60 inc VAT.

I ordered a non OEM stalk off ebay for cheap but hopefully will last and looks/works/feels OEM.

So disconnected the battery, removed airbag, put it all in, put all back together.. DONE! How long did it take... 10min? 15min? 20min? 30min?... nope! 1 whole hour!!!!! thats start to finish. 45min of that was battling the airbag clips!

My car is a 2013 (MY63) Yaris SR 1.33 Manual 5door. It already had the secondary clutch switch etc so literally was plug and play. When connected battery, only thing that rest was the clock, the touch&go even resumed my song so dont worry about having to set everything again, just the clock!

The first clip of the airbag was easy, small screw driver and push and it pops out. The other two... well lets just say I couldnt pull the clips down, they are tougher than I thought! How I got it out eventually was by pushing down in the plastic clips of the airbag which some how released both but this is easier said then done! I was violent so dont be scared, nothing will break as long as you know what you're jabbing. To help me get more access I also removed the steering wheel buttons trim by un doing two screws (1 is oposite the other and are obvious). It wouldnt come off as the airbag was still clipped in but I could pull it off enough to get more access. Thats my tip!
amit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #213
mikeybee

Drives: Yaris 2012 Hatchback
Cruise Control with Speed Limiter!

Almost two years after CTScott sent me the cruise control kit (thanks!) I have finally installed it... and now have CRUISE CONTROL and a SPEED LIMITER!

I wanted not just cruise control, but the speed limiter too (which I have had on my two previous vehicles). A speed limiter is far more useful in the UK - a crowded country with many speed cameras - rather than cruise control itself, which needs wide open highways like the US. :-)

For this, I needed a replacement switch pad on the right hand side of the steering wheel front, with an extra button replacing the blank under the call pick up/drop buttons. Sourcing this turned out to be a pain in the neck, with various Toyota dealerships either not wanting to help me ("why do you want that?") or being too incompetent to find the right part (despite CTScott providing a suggestion of the part number).

In the end I sourced the required item by buying a second hand steering wheel off ebay from a breakers. Here it is:

and here is the cabling:

I think it's just the green wire that is extra?

My Yaris (UK RHD 2012 model TR 1.33 manual) has done 60,000 miles so I was also thinking about replacing the entire steering wheel, as the ebay one was less shiny from use.

So, after reading this thread carefully, I set to... disconnecting the battery negative first.

First challenge - removing the airbag. I turned the steering wheel upside down to make this easier. The bottom clip comes out easily using a flat bladed screwdriver, getting the other two sides out seemed to involve just wiggling the airbag unit down (so towards the top of the steering wheel, given the steering wheel is upside down), and it popped out.

At this point I decided I was less keen on replacing the whole steering wheel (I don't have a steering wheel puller) and decided to replace just the silver button pad unit. This unscrews with the two screws you can see , and then unclips, although I did break one clip on both the old and new units. This doesn't appear to matter though.

To install the wiring for the new button pads requires disconnecting the airbag as the other wiring goes around it - pull up the yellow tab and then pull out the connector on the airbag.

Fit the new silver section, reconnect the airbag, install the cruise stalk and panel cover. Refit the airbag (two slots at the bottom first, then the one at the top. Help it in by having the flatbladed screwdriver push the clip out of the way)

My Yaris already had the clutch switch installed, so nothing to do down there once I figured out it was already there!

Reconnect the battery, go for a drive.

Cruise control works as you would expect... on, set, up, down, press clutch and it goes off.

Speed limiter works like this:

1. button on the steering wheel pad to turn it on
2. set speed with down on the cruise stalk. The following display appears!

3. you now cannot exceed the speed indicated, the car cuts the throttle. You can adjust the speed limiter by using up and down on the cruise stalk. Changing gear (or engaging the clutch) does not turn off the speed limiter. If you adjust the speed limit down so you are now exceeding the limit set, the display flashes and power is cut until you are under the speed limit set again.

This is awesome. No more speeding fines.

Apparently the speed limiter feature is built into all European Yarises that could have cruise control. Not sure about the US? Check the cabling and try it?!

And thanks again to CTScott for the original kit!

Mikeybee
mikeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #214
boooggy

Drives: 2014 Yaris lb 1.33L
Hello
I have a yaris European model, engine 1nr-fe.
CTScott, do u still have the kit for cruise control?
Thx
boooggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:41 PM   #215
-roninn
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
Control buttons on the steering wheel.

Hello everyone.
I have a Toyota Yaris 2015, 5 door, the European version, with control buttons on the steering wheel.
Does anyone know for what are the wires in the connector (D103 black)
pin 10 - red ?
pin 11 - pink ?
pin 12 - blue ?

I suspect that these pins are of a radio control.

Can somebody confirm this?

roninn

Last edited by -roninn; 03-10-2016 at 03:20 AM.
-roninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #216
panayiotis

Drives: yaris 2016
hello.i have a 2016 1.33-VVTi Active 1NR-FE automatic eur model right hand drive.does anyone know if i only need the stalk?
panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control. 2012