Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
MYTOY

Drives: SEDAN WITH AERO PKG.
how is the yaris

how does everyone find their yaris , any problems??
MYTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
all my complain is the plastic rattle i still have............thought i figured out where it was coming from but apparently that wasn't it. so I'm stuck with that.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
My only real complaint is the cheap paint job on the hood. I've had the car for 7 weeks now and not a week has gone by where I wasn't using a paint pen to fill in some nicks.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
My only real complaint is the cheap paint job on the hood. I've had the car for 7 weeks now and not a week has gone by where I wasn't using a paint pen to fill in some nicks.
I just tapped this one guys corolla by accident during my first week of owning the car while parallel parking it and it looked like it got marked up the ying yang by a car. I just ordered the touch up pen and hopefully it makes the stupid scratch go away.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
5spBlazer
Cybernetic Magician

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
reverse in manual is a B sometimes.
5spBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spBlazer View Post
reverse in manual is a B sometimes.
Like everything... It's got it down sides...

But I do LOVE this car!

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
Vervepipes
CowCountry Hornet Handler

Drives: '08 Sedan
Many interior rattles after just 500Km or so. 4 hours is too far to drive just to get a rattle checked so I'll have it checked next time I happen to be in Edmonton. Also the interior plastic protection crap they put on the dash/door panels sucks hardcore, every time you touch the plastic it leaves white marks that you have to rub out.
Vervepipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
it is NOT an expensive car. don't expect too much from it. don't get mislead by the exterior design. poor suspension (especially the shocks). bad driving position for tall persons. Talking about driving impression, it's a particular type of car (hatchback), some might never get used with it, it doesn't drive like other similar cars. excellent reliability to be expected. paint is cheap but just be careful and it's OK. quite good acceleration and braking. VERY easy to park, that gap that no one else is even thinking about it, it's waiting for you. fuel consumption it better than others, but far from a TDI.
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

Drives: 2007 Silver Streak Mica Sedan
I honestly am 6'5 and have found a comfortable way to sit in my Sedan. I probably will be getting some seat adjustments though. Even 1 inch would work wonders.
Unknown_Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Love the car except for the side wind handling at 75-80...slow it down and it's bearable stock. US doesn't have cruise in the 2dr . My black sand pearl is holding up well after 4,000 miles (I waxed it the 1st weekend I had it)...just don't draft for mileage, it's like slowly sanding your car. My Dad at 83 thought it was the best thing since toilet paper!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
door panel rattles when the bass is turned up! geez i have to fix that i hate it
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
car is good, no regrets here. the interior plastic gets marked all the time but it rubs off easily. the seating position/seat comfort is bad but will be taken care of with aftermarket seats down the line.

great car overall.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #13
Vervepipes
CowCountry Hornet Handler

Drives: '08 Sedan
oh yeah, forgot to add that the seat hight adjuster in the sedan is great
Vervepipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #14
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I'm pretty much used to the seating position now. It felt very "mini van" at first but I've adjusted from the old VW to this. This car definatly needs mods but I am really happy with it in general. The interior does get quite marked up and I'm thinking it is some kind of coating that needs to be cleaned off then maybe it won't do that.

The brakes do work quite well. I don't have ABS but I gave my brakes quite a test today. This Beaner on an emergency Taco run crossed three lanes to hook into the Fiesta Mart and I had to really put my brakes to the test. I was sure it was over but no I had a good foot or so of space between my bumper and his.

The real downfall seems to be that other driver's ignore your car like it is a bike or a stray dog, I like the car for it's size but others seem to think they can blow right over me. Probably a better horn would be a serious improvement.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #15
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1320 View Post
the seating position/seat comfort is bad but will be taken care of with aftermarket seats down the line.

great car overall.
aftermarket and celica seats lower too much the driver with respect to the steering wheel. moreover, many aftermaket ones don't have the plugs required for the airbag system to operate properly (take a look under the front seats)
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #16
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
So far after one year my yaris has worked perfect. I can't find anything to complain about. IN winter driving I felt far more safe driving my yaris with snow tires than my four wheel drive tacoma.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 AM   #17
Lillydot
Absolutely Red!!!

Drives: 07 A/T Yaris Liftback
its been about 2 months and i am absolutely satisfied! except for some minor body roll issues ( and i really need to drive slower anyways), my car is perfect in every way. i think this is true love...
Lillydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:43 AM   #18
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
3 months and worry free. slight rattle in cold weather emanating from the center arm rest, but it's so cumbersome that we're gonna take it out anyways. no other rattles to report. decent sound insulation for price range, engine roar is definitley audible! paint already has a few nicks/scratches, and steel body panels feel tinny/hollow as you're washing/wiping down the car. again, you get what you pay for. performance is so-so, but its a commuter car/milk-run vehicle, so it serves its purpose. its been our best mpg car yet. currently getting 37-39, mixed city/hwy. couldnt be happier with our purchase...

--B