Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
drunkwithwords

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Problem Starting Car

Hello,

Yesterday I went to my car after work, and the ignition hesitated for a few seconds before starting. I turned off the ignition and started the car again. I am not sure what the problem is. I purchased the car new in late January of this year, and I haven’t had one problem with it.

I’m wondering if the problem could possibly be the fact that I was low on gas? Before I pulled into work, I noticed that I was running low and decided to get gas after work.

Since yesterday, I haven't noticed any problems with the car. I even paid attention to the different sounds the car was making and haven't noticed any differences.

I tried to do some research on the website, but I didn’t get much information that pertained to my problem.

Thanks,
Jo
drunkwithwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I kinda had the same issue and it was my battery. BUT in my case I still had the original battery which was 4 years old... Perhaps your battery was low and has now had a chance to charge up again?

Some autoparts stores and wal-mart have free battery testing. Also since your car is new I'm sure the dealer would test it as your under warranty still.

Better safe than stranded.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
My Yaris S automatic has done this occasionally the last 3 years I have had it. Not often but it will take an extra 1-2 seconds to start.
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
Maybe go to dealer - since it's a new Yaris - and get them to test the battery.
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote