Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
sov

Drives: awaiting my '07 Yaris
Playing the waiting game...

Hey guys,

New member here. Well I received a phone call from the dealer today. I am now a proud owner of a Brand New 2007 Yaris 5 door hatch . Well at least on paper I am. The one I ordered is not in stock so now I am playing the waiting game. Supposedly it will take a month to two months to order from Japan. Does anyone know if this is true??? Anyways...I'll keep you guys posted and let you know when I finally receive my car. Hopefully it will be soon because I have absolutely no patience

Sov
sov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sov
Hey guys,

New member here. Well I received a phone call from the dealer today. I am now a proud owner of a Brand New 2007 Yaris 5 door hatch . Well at least on paper I am. The one I ordered is not in stock so now I am playing the waiting game. Supposedly it will take a month to two months to order from Japan. Does anyone know if this is true??? Anyways...I'll keep you guys posted and let you know when I finally receive my car. Hopefully it will be soon because I have absolutely no patience

Sov
Hi Sov
I also had A dealer preference a 2007 Yaris 3 door hatch for me with pwr pkg, they told me 4 to 6 weeks. It's only been 3 days for me though. Anyone else preference A Yaris? How long did it take for you to receive your Yaris?
MrMondayNite
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
whoguy

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
I had to waite 2 months to get mine in the colour i wanted and the optional side airbags.
whoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
carp73

Drives: 2007 bicycle
yes, its true, Im in New York, Ive been waiting on a BB 5 speed for 4 months now, and I can not even get the options that are offered in the rest of the US. Toyota is stating that Japan can not keep up with the demand that this car is having!!! It took Japan by surprise, Those little guys are like at Santas workshop the night before Christmas!!!! Everyone on here is stating that it is worth it????? Toyota is saying for me , third week of OCT.!!!!! I can not wait---------- F big oil ----Ill be at the pump with a big FU with a smile!!! Good luck guy!!!!!
carp73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I was over at a dealership in Toronto today and they had 3 RS in the lot (blue, silver, and a 2dr silver...all of them automatics).

I got my black 5dr LE liftback in a week, which was surprising cause I was expecting a 2 month wait.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
I empathize! I'm 4 weeks in to my wait for my 3-door. Hopfully we will all get some good news soon!
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #7
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Hi,
When I ordered my black 3 dr liftback with power pk, fogs, keyless and spoiler here in NJ the dealer me 4 months!!
When I got to the 3 month wait, I went to the dealer and after some checking told me 3rd week in October....I DONT BELIEVE THEM THOUGH.
You know dealers!!!
I ALSO HOPE IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #8
miss_piggy

Drives: Yaris YRX Hatch
i ordered my yaris late august...not expecting it til late november...only 59 days to go
i ordered the YRX model, manual, 5 doors and in black...very uncommon in toyota's eyes...there was only 3 manuals in australia late august and they were all the base model with 3 doors...absolutely ridiculous!
so i have to wait also...but its getting there...
the dealer calls me every fortnight to tell me where my car's at...she called me this week and said that they're still on schedule and it's still late november that i'll get my car... oh well...the wait will be worth it...i cant wait for this car!
miss_piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 AM   #9
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
I ordered mine August 14 and at last report it may be here by October 9. I ordered a silver streak mica, loaded manual sedan. I want fog lamps but will forgo them if the car has everything else I want. I'm feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavidr4u
Hi,
When I ordered my black 3 dr liftback with power pk, fogs, keyless and spoiler here in NJ the dealer me 4 months!!
When I got to the 3 month wait, I went to the dealer and after some checking told me 3rd week in October....I DONT BELIEVE THEM THOUGH.
You know dealers!!!
I ALSO HOPE IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!!
Hey drdavidr4u
what dealer in Jersey did you use? I have 2 orders for a liftback,1 from Toyota world of Lakewood(waiting 5 days) and another from Lawrence Toyota
(waiting a 12days). Both told me 4 to 6 weeks
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Hi Mr. Monday night!,
I ordered from Prestige in Ramsey NJ...leased RAV4's from them in the past and always had troubles in the deal....I dont expect this to go smooth either!
Actually, if they promised me the car in the 3rd week of october they should atleast have a production # or even vin # by now. I have not requested that # because it would kill the fantasy that my order is actually being built! I'll just make believe, then when they dont have the car I'll demand my deposit back and post the hell out of them for misleading promises to a customer!! HEY..REMEMBER THEY ARE "AUTO SALESMAN" and you know the score with them!! I'm waiting 16 week for the car!!
Of course if they actually produce my car I will praise them up and down!!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #12
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
lol I got mine in 3 days...
Old 10-04-2006, 04:50 AM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
5 days here, was supposed to be 4 but it took them a little longer to put in the leather seats

Oh, and it helps that the Yarii for the souteast asia region are manufactured in Thailand!
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:28 AM   #14
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMondayNite
I also had A dealer preference a 2007 Yaris 3 door hatch for me with pwr pkg, they told me 4 to 6 weeks. It's only been 3 days for me though. Anyone else preference A Yaris? How long did it take for you to receive your Yaris?
MrMondayNite
I got my Medium Silver 5 Speed Yaris HB in 40 days from the time of my deposit. When I made the deposit, my car was on a ship from Japan to the port of Newark, NJ.
I love the car, and can tell you it is worth the wait! On my first tank of gas, I got 39.4mpg. Excellent car IMO.

Last edited by roadrunner; 10-09-2006 at 08:01 PM.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #15
sov

Drives: awaiting my '07 Yaris
Ok...now I'm getting a lil antsy. I just received an email from the sales lady asking me to confirm my order and that they will be ordering the car tomorrow. I'm just thinking to myself WTFlip??? I confirmed my order like two weeks ago...grrrr.... Oh and on top of all that I won't get it till January 2007. I honestly don't know if I have the patience to wait that long.

Sorry guys just had to vent a lil.
sov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:08 AM   #16
whoguy

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
Hi waiting people,

It's definately worth the waite!!!! This machine is frugal and the ride is fun. Just forget that your waiting, and it's like.... surprise, your new car is ready to be picked up. Oh yeah, by then alot more mods will be available, so thats one good thing...

Good things come to those that waite!!!
whoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #17
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
I just paid my deposit in Utah for a silver sedan with manual transmission and AM/FM radio. The dealer told me it will take 2-3 months to get my car. Acutally I have planed to drive my brand-new Yaris to have a long trip by Dec 14th (4000 miles)and the hotel has been booked. I know it takes high risk because it is possible that I cannot get my car. But I still want to wait, and pray. The dealer also mentioned that there is possiblity that I can get lucky to get the car sooner.

I really cannot wait!
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #18
Yaris-TJ

Drives: Yaris Sedan ST Barcelona Red
Talking

Yeah Baby! I'm finally able to post, ahd some issued but, now ready to share some thougts!

I 've been waiting for almost month and a half to get the "Premium Version" offered in Mexico, Barcelona Red, 15' aluminim wheels, which is much pretty like the " S" version, but without the spoilers. The salesguy told me that I had to wait 2 months at the most to get this version and color. He used to call me to offer other colors, but it was worth the wait to get this awesome color, I'm picking it up 10/14!
Yaris-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote