Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #37
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Is that a good suprise or a bad suprise??? Well I put tehm on today and we have good news. I weigh over 300 lbs. and just went on a 200 mile road trip to see the old lady and there was no rubbing at all even hitting big dips and bumps on the interstate and Johnny I know U can vouch for me on this when I say some of these interstates in the U.S. suck and didnt have any rubbing. I can still fully lock out the steering wheel on u-turns and have no rubbing at all. Here is an after pic.
Attached Images

slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:16 PM   #38
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
@slvryaris: throw the NF's on, and you just might be suprised :)

@Sroberts: already posted about the trim in your other thread http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370, and yes, it is the same harness on all of the available radios

Thanks Johnny... how much does a stock radio cost? Probably be better off buying an aftermarket unit unless someone has a stock radio for cheap.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #39
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
@slvryaris: looks real nice, good thing you didnt do the DF's :) but those rims look so nice, and tires look to fit perfectly, nice work ;)

@sroberts: you dont need to buy the stock radio, just the trim piece, it was $67 when i got mine, the stock radio is pretty much the same as the integrated one, so just buy the trim piece when you are going to put in an aftermarket head unit :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #40
slvryaris

Something that is really weird, but the front sticks out alot further then the rear. Like the back looks like it is in the fenderwell like 2 inches more then the front so watch out when buying rims and tires because the rear goes into the fenderwell more and tucks. I had the ass end weighted down with about 1000 lbs total in the car before I lowered it and it barely rubbed on the side wall with the 215's so I would have probably been fine with 205's, but now the suspension is tighter. It feels alot tighter then 5% and looks like it drops more then 1.2 in the front. Even though it didnt rub with just me I am afraid to let anyone else ride. Getting the 205's is still in my head though. It will buy me some height and wheel well space, but for someone who is ot even close to 320lbs. like me then they will have no problems.

I was wondering about the radio being integrated...So all U have to do is buy the trim piece and it has all the airbag seatbelt bologna then get the kit for an aftermarket harness and dash kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
@slvryaris: looks real nice, good thing you didnt do the DF's :) but those rims look so nice, and tires look to fit perfectly, nice work ;)

@sroberts: you dont need to buy the stock radio, just the trim piece, it was $67 when i got mine, the stock radio is pretty much the same as the integrated one, so just buy the trim piece when you are going to put in an aftermarket head unit :)
Old 08-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #41
johnnyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
I was wondering about the radio being integrated...So all U have to do is buy the trim piece and it has all the airbag seatbelt bologna then get the kit for an aftermarket harness and dash kit?

yeah, just need the standard radio trim kit from toyota, and a dash kit from a audio shop, and then the wire harness
Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #42
Sérgio Barros

Drives: Yaris D4-D
2007 Toyota Yaris Review

THE AUTO PAGE
By
JOHN HEILIG
SPECIFICATIONS
MODEL: 2007 Toyota Yaris 4-door sedan
ENGINE: 1.5-liter I-4
HORSEPOWER/TORQUE: 106 hp @ 6000 rpm/103 lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm
TRANSMISSION: 4-speed automatic
WHEELBASE: 100.4 in.
LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT: 169.3 x 66.5 x 56.7 in.
TIRES: P175/65R14
CARGO VOLUME: 12.9 cu. ft.
ECONOMY: 34 mpg city/39 mpg highway/39.1 mpg test
PRICE: $16,840 (includes $580 delivery, processing and handling fee)

Toyota has shown a remarkable ability to re-invent some of its products. When they wanted to come out with a more luxurious Toyota, they created Lexus. When they wanted to appeal to a younger demographic, they created Scion. And when certain models aren’t racing out the door, they push the “re-invent” button and see what comes out.

When Echo wasn’t selling as well as Toyota had hoped, the car was redesigned and remarketed as the Yaris, which may be classified loosely as a Toyota-branded Scion. Echo was a ho-hum compact sedan, but Yaris has a lot more panache that makes it more appealing.

During our test, we drove Yaris over our normal set of suburban and urban streets. We also took it on a 350-plus-miles road trip that delivered excellent fuel economy. The Yaris is rated at 34 mpg city/39 mpg highway. In a combination of city and highway (mostly highway, I’ll admit) we averaged 39.1 mpg. In today’s climate of overpriced gasoline, that’s outstanding. It’s also the best fuel economy we’ve attained in a non-hybrid.

Sure, the Yaris isn’t the fastest car on the highway, but it can keep up with anything else that’s driving legally out there, and with a couple who may be stretching the speed limit a bit. Where Yaris hurts is in acceleration. We didn’t exactly zip away from traffic lights and stop signs, and entering Interstates when the traffic’s at the speed limit can be a challenge. But we survived.

The 1.5-liter four is a bit buzzy at times, especially under hard acceleration. In general, the relatively noisy engine wasn’t a problem, though.

The engine is connected to the front wheels through a 4-speed automatic transmission. I would have liked a manual mode to the automatic but it isn’t available. There were a couple of times when I would have wanted to downshift faster than the transmission’s logic decided I wanted to downshift.

Handling is good for a compact car. But since there’s so much transmission lag in the gearbox, the Yaris can’t be driven like a sports car anyway. Life would be better with a manual, I feel.

Aside from these small complaints, I felt the Yaris was comfortable for four passengers. The cloth-covered seats offered good side support up front, with more of a bench in the rear. The backs of the rear seats fold to offer extra cargo space from the trunk’s 12.2 cubic feet. However, we felt we had just as much usable space with the rear seats up and carrying stuff on the rear seat cushions, but then, we weren’t carrying long objects.

Like many cars that have Japanese and American markets, the speedometer and other instruments are center-mounted to make it more economical to switch the steering wheel from the right side to the left side. I didn’t like this in the Yaris. I kept looking at a blank dash in front of me to see how fast I was going or to check the fuel level. Once I realized I wasn’t using any fuel I forgot about that part, but it was still inconvenient to shift my eyes to the right for the speedometer.

The instruments were clear, though, with black-on-grey dials that were the same at night.

Both the driver and front passenger can take advantage of unique cupholders that pop out from the dash at the left and right extremes. These are deep and can hold a variety of cup sizes, including Starbucks Venti. Unlike similar cupholders that appeared a few years back on some American cars, these can’t be hit with your knees, unless you try hard. There are also smaller cupholders in the door pockets that are ideal for smaller water bottles.

There aren’t a lot of cubby storage areas, but one that I liked was the door pulls. These have bottoms in them that make the door pulls ideal as cell phone holders. The center console is deep and can hold six or seven CDs.

The HVAC system was simple, with three knobs serving all the functions. The audio system was different, but it was intuitive so you don’t have to pore through the owner’s manual to change a station.

Overall, the Toyota Yaris may, in this era of inflated fuel prices, be an almost ideal vehicle. It has room, adequate power, incredible economy and decent comfort for around-town drive or longer hauls as well.

Sérgio Barros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #43
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
That is a perfect review of the automatic sedan. I couldn't of said it better myself. The guy that wrote DID in fact actually drive it and saw what a great little car it is. Especially for the price.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #44
esquiva
Noypi ako!

Drives: 07 S Sedan 5-Speed M/T
i agree...but acceleration would have been better if he test drove a stick

Nene jr.: tay, peram naman ng kotse o...
Boy Bastos: sige pero isang kondisyon. mag-ano muna tayo.
Nene jr.: tay meron ako ngayon e. blowjob na lang kita.
Boy bastos: o sige.
pagkatapos ng blowjob...
Nene jr.: tay, bat lasang tae yung etits nyo?
Boy bastos: ah ganon ba? hiniram kasi ng kuya
mo kanina yung kotse e!
esquiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #45
esquiva
Noypi ako!

Drives: 07 S Sedan 5-Speed M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sérgio Barros

im just noticing the trimming at the rear of the car, (the part which you use to lift the trunk)...is that really black in color or is there just a protective tape to shield it from scratches?....because my sedan and all other sedans ive seen has chrome ones.....

Nene jr.: tay, peram naman ng kotse o...
Boy Bastos: sige pero isang kondisyon. mag-ano muna tayo.
Nene jr.: tay meron ako ngayon e. blowjob na lang kita.
Boy bastos: o sige.
pagkatapos ng blowjob...
Nene jr.: tay, bat lasang tae yung etits nyo?
Boy bastos: ah ganon ba? hiniram kasi ng kuya
mo kanina yung kotse e!
esquiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #46
Sérgio Barros

Drives: Yaris D4-D
It is exactly plastic black color

Sérgio Barros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #47
johnnyfive

but those do have the clear'er head, and tail lights :)
Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 AM   #48
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
Front and back of my Yaris! Sorry for crappy quality... taken from a crappy vid camera...
Attached Images

dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:31 AM   #49
slvryaris

Nice ride...What mods have you done??? Need clearer pics from better views.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #50
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquiva
im just noticing the trimming at the rear of the car, (the part which you use to lift the trunk)...is that really black in color or is there just a protective tape to shield it from scratches?....because my sedan and all other sedans ive seen has chrome ones.....
Dunno for US market, but in Canada the chrome trunk trim is optionnal. It's not included in the base model but standard on all other models.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #51
dngz

yea.. need to borrow my dad's camera or sumthing for better pics. but i havent done much yet. just lowered with eibach springs, razo carbon fibre knob and pedals. still stock pretty much..
Old 08-29-2006, 02:18 AM   #52
dngz

herez a quickie
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #53
slvryaris

How much of a drop are the Eibachs? I ust put the NF's on mine and I have PIAA Xtreme white plus headlights which are worth the money. I was a sceptic too until I bought them. She looks real good though...
Old 08-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #54
dngz

toyota did the drop for me. it was 500 for springs and install