Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
MedMantle

Drives: Yaris '05 1.3 Hatch "R.I.P."
Unhappy Left Channel coming out Both Speakers suddenly

Hey guys, for months now I have been running quite a basic sound system in my car and recently I discovered in some songs that certain "notes" or frequencies were missing.

Specifically in one song there is a section where the guy sings "To the left, to the right". In my headphones on the computer I can clearly hear when he sings "To the left" that is coming strictly from the left speaker with only the echo moving to the right and vice versa... but now in my car it sounds like all the midrange that is supposed to come from the left channel is coming out both sides with the sound that is supposed to come from the right channel completely missing like it suddenly became mono with only the left channel sound being processed through both speakers??

I am so sure that it was never like this and I have literally checked everything I could as far as my lowly knowledge goes.

Alpine Headunit, Tweeters, Crossovers and midranges - rear speakers removed and bypassed for what it's worth.
Locally produced amp and cabling and a Kicker Sub.

If anyone has any idea what I could check.

Connections to amp, crossovers and headunit are rock solid.
All my speakers are definitely working and I have tried and tested all the different settings on my Headunit...
MedMantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Try playing the song, "Irreplaceable" by Beyoncé, in your car. Just need to play the very beginning of this song.
This may or may not help.
Attached Images
File Type: gif beyonce.gif (495.7 KB, 29 views)
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
MedMantle

aww yis!!! I did not expect that haha

It sounds like the sound is coming from the right side, in other words the left side I doubt it's fixed my problem though but it sure made my day

The true song is "Hypnotize U" by N.E.R.D for what it's worth :P

Last edited by MedMantle; 11-24-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: troo songs yo'
Old 11-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
MedMantle

Some guy told me my stereo is messed up because I removed my rear speakers, but I can't see how not having rear speakers can affect anything. It is my choice 'cause I listen to stuff quite loudly and don't like to force those treble volumes on whoever drives with me. What I know about sound is simple and I am so sure that for a basic stereo song you need 2 speakers, left and right.

I'll draw a paint picture of what's going on.
Hope someone can put their finger on it **

Setup.png

Last edited by MedMantle; 11-27-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 11-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
MedMantle

OMW, I even draw my picture wrong, the wires from the outputs from the Headunit must be swapped and I just realized I split the Subwoofer input wires yet I only use one channel :/ so I'll remove the splitter and give it another go tomorrow yo, I doubt it will fix my problem but it should make things better :)
Old 11-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #6
MedMantle

I spent the whole day checking every wire and neatening my setup and found my connections at the Amplifier inputs were all wrong. I'm still baffled at why the guy at the sound shop said I needed rear speakers for stereo to work? It obviously doesn't (logically). Now it's working hundreds, just gotta redo all my amps settings and things are gonna be rumblin' like they've never been before :D Just gotsta find my Beyoncé CD tho'.. :P

Setup.png

_Case Closed **