Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
Brakes wont stop squeaking!!

This has been such an annoying problem to me. I bought new pads and rotors back in march from prime choice. Price was very good. I decided to pay a little more and get ceramic pads. I ended up getting the bendix stop by honeywell pads, which are prime choice rebranded, but have the same part #.

I installed the pads, and had a minor squeak. I reapplied brake grease to the shims a few times, and wiped them off after the noise would come back. The coating wore off the shims and the caliper would squeal like no tommorow. It was insane. I also used the CRC disk brake quiet and put quit a bit at least twice, and the noise would come back after a while, but not as bad. Apparently, its the best or one of the best you can use.

After realizing that, I ended up using the abrasive wheel on my grinder to knock all the crap of the shim, and I bought the spray permatex disc brake quiet. No noise as of yet, but I'm expecting them to come back. I also lightly sanded the pads and I've done this more than once. I've used these types of pads for brake jobs I've done for others, and they havent complained. Do you think the shims are crap, or did I just recieve a bad batch?
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bendix, brake pads, ceramic, prime choice