Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
Rylinkus

Drives: 2012 Mitsu Ralliart Sportback
Dome Light Fuse

Heck, I'll give the long story to save questions. Tree fell on my mother's 07 Yaris HB. Totaled out, mostly cosmetic. Mother in law had her car totaled a week or so later. And she's not in a situation to get another car for a while. So I bought back the Yaris with the concept of letting her use it as long as she needs and then, who knows. Third car? Sell it?

So I didn't worry about cosmetics, but more getting it road legal. Replaced the windshield, side mirror, repairs the rocker panels, brakes all around, and a new muffler. And Ill be doing a tune up this weekend.

I have one other issue to contend with. There's a drain on the battery. And pulling fuses under the hood pointed to the dome light. The fuse for the stereo wasn't in under the steering column eliminating that as the culprit. And I'm sure the issue is that the tree hit and dented the front driver side corner of the roof.

So, here are my options.
1. Pull the fuse under the hood and have no radio, which sucks
2. Pull the molding on the pillar and cut and cap the wires to the dome light.
3. Remove the interior fuse for the Dome light.

3 is the best option. But I cannot find anything that says which fuse is linked to the DL. Anyone know which fuse to pull?
Rylinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Near as I can tell looking at my fuse guide, there is no interior fuse associated with the dome light. Engine bay fuse #12 is the only one associated with the dome light.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
Rylinkus

Drives: 2012 Mitsu Ralliart Sportback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Near as I can tell looking at my fuse guide, there is no interior fuse associated with the dome light. Engine bay fuse #12 is the only one associated with the dome light.
Well, that's probably why I wasn't finding it. But engine bay fuse 12 also knocks out the radio, which isn't ideal. Especially since I bought a new blue tooth friendly radio so the mother in law can talk and drive without being dangerous. Guess Ill probably just cut the wires in the pillar. It's pretty unlikely I'd ever bother pulling the headliner to attempt to fix the short.
Rylinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Interior fuse #22 is described as:

Illuminations, instrument panel light control, meter and guage

Maybe illuminations refers to dome and map lights. Might try that one just for shits and giggles and see what happens.