Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
yarstar

Drives: 2008 Absolute Red HB
Cool Let's go Surfing!

I roadtripped to the beach last weekend to catch some good surf. 600 miles roundtrip, no problems with the board on top. I averaged 36.5 mpg too.

Just showing it can be done.

YES. THAT IS A PILLOW PROTECTING MY BOARD FROM THE ANTENNA KNOB. Straight off the couch. There ain't no shame in my game. We got there, didn't we?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Where'd ya go? I grew up in Jax, and used to surf all up and down the coast of north Florida.

And how long is that board? I still have one of my boards--a 5' 11" Ocean Avenue--with me here in Central Texas. Although the beach is about three hours away, it's the Gulf Coast so waves are a rare thing. I also have a board in Jax, a 6' 2" Caster with a Mark Richards decal on it so you can guess it is pretty old!

I would still love to get out and catch some waves one of these days, but I would probably have to find a longboard for the small waves we get.

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Where'd ya go? I grew up in Jax, and used to surf all up and down the coast of north Florida.

And how long is that board? I still have one of my boards--a 5' 11" Ocean Avenue--with me here in Central Texas. Although the beach is about three hours away, it's the Gulf Coast so waves are a rare thing. I also have a board in Jax, a 6' 2" Caster with a Mark Richards decal on it so you can guess it is pretty old!

I would still love to get out and catch some waves one of these days, but I would probably have to find a longboard for the small waves we get.

Cheers! M2
Jacksonville FTW!!! i miss it...
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
yarstar

I went to Tybee Island, GA. My boss has a house there.

It's a 8"2" custom longboard made by Underground Boardworks (on Tybee). It was made for me (a beginner) so the damn thing will almost surf by itself.

I'd love to surf at Jacksonville Beach sometime. I've heard it's really good.

I'm a complete newby at surfing (and I suck) but I enjoy just trying.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Nice Dude !
Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 AM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I'm down -- let's show 'em how we do it West Coast style!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Surfing is one of the best outdoor activities there is! It's great exercise, tons of fun and I swear I never had any sinus problems until I stopped surfing! I only wish there were more opportunities in Corpus Christi or Galveston to surf, as I would love to get back into the sport!

My neighbor is from Corpus and has a few sticks in his garage, mostly longboards. Unfortunately, since he is a shift worker our schedules never synch up so I can go with him to surf. I probably suck at it now as well, but 25 years ago I was halfway decent! I even got to surf off of Land's End in the UK one Thanksgiving. The waves weren't bad, but we were freezing our asses off! I only had a thin wetsuit from Florida, so I had to keep moving to stay warm!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #8
evil genius

Drives: 09 Yaris S 3dr
Here in Hawaii I would drive not more than 20 miles to surf. Waves pretty good year round. I don't surf anymore due to job and other stuff but if I did my 5' 4" board would fit in the yaris.
evil genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #9
Creeper

Drives: Silver 2DLB Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Creeper
nice, get any gains from the fins and the extra long spoiler? lol j/k wish I knew how to surf. love the lights.
Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
Saggio
Top Notch!

Drives: 2008
So clean! Makes me want red!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
yarstar

Thanks Creeper.

Thanks Saggio. You can see yourself in that Black of yours. I'm envious.