Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #55
Old&InTheWay

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Hatchback
I could not get my hand anywhere near the bulb and was thinking of giving up when I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlN6wC8hon4

I was a bit nervous to take apart the bumper, but it really was as easy as it looks in the video. Took about 20 minutes and all you need is a 10mm socket and maybe a flathead screwdriver. If you break a plastic clip because they are old and brittle (like I did) a zip tie does the trick just fine. Next time I need to do it it'll take 10 minutes.
Old&InTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #56
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I wouldn't even try to change a bulb in the yaris without removing the headlight. I value the skin on my hands too much and I have mitts for hands.

Once you remove the bumper once, you'll realize how easy it is and just keep doing that.

Just keep all of the bottom screws in and the bumper just moves forward more than enough to remove the lights. Takes all of 5 mins.

Just make sure you tape your metal side panels near where it meets the bumper so you don't scratch them...ask me how I know
Old 04-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #57
bad
Winterizing

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
I did it on the passenger side without taking the whole assembly or the front bumper off. I used this guys video and the eyes in my fingers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPpXkBBfYEU

The whole video is good, but especially 13:54 is the best part.

By the way, the fat tab went up and the clip flops down when you take the bulb out. It flops upward when putting the bulb back in. Don't put grease on the contacts until after you put the bulb in and the boot on. Use vinyl or nitrile gloves when handling the bulb. Use a flat head screw driver to gently pry the boot off. Watch the video. These directions I am giving are not in order. Look at the bulb and the clips through the front of the headlight assembly while taking the bulb out and putting it back in.

It took about an hour.

Last edited by bad; 04-17-2016 at 01:41 PM. Reason: it took me about an hour
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #58
robkay

Drives: Hatch
If you figure on having your Yaris for a while you can get a pack of clips cheap on eBay. Pick up a set now to have in your box for next time.
robkay is offline   Reply With Quote