Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
Did some suspension work today...

So I replaced the struts and shocks this morning.. Also replaced the tranny fluid.. and pulled off the bumper to do some recon work..

I was in a tiny fender bender about 2 1/2 years ago.. no airbags, minor broken pieces on the bumper, but nothing bad.. Well I went to screw the front tow hook and it wasnt even close to lining up with the cutout in the bumper.. Take a look at the pictures and you can see why hahaha

So I know which parts are tweaked and need to be replaced..

Took the car out of a ride and noticed I was getting a small clunk when i got past 20 mph and hit a pothole, dip, bump, whatever.. couldnt tell which side but it was definitely from the front.. Now when I was tightening back up the stabilizer link bolts on the passenger side, I noticed what seemed to be grease surrounding the top portion of it.. Does anyone think that could be the problem? The car drove great, felt good, no other issues mechanically that i could feel or hear.. and the remove and replace went smooth..

Let me know what you guys think..
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
07typeS

the bolt at the top of this picture is the one was referring to....
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
Old 06-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
07typeS

Nevermind.. My mechanic forgot to tighten one of the stabilizer link bolts.. Wait.. I did the work.. DOH!