Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #19
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
i'd run a full injector cleaner after about 50k miles and be done with it till 100k. u can gtet a shop-air operated fuel system cleaner from mac/matco/snapon. and you might be able to get one from autozone.

any way, pull out fuel pump relay or fuse (pref fuse if it's easy), run car till it dies. pull fuel line and find adapter for the tool. insert and install tool adapter, connect to tool. fill tool bottle up with supplied cleaner or cleaner of your choice. supply air feed to bottle. set to standard fuel pressure. most EFI engines are between 35 and 55psi. start car, LET IDLE until car dies again...remove tool, reinstall fuel lines and fuse. you're done.

is it a pain? yeah, but it works much better than those cheesy knockoff fuel system cleaners.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
i guess the main key points here is fuel cleaner will definetely clean the lines but gunks has to go somewhere and thats where to fuel filter is for i guess if it gets full it need to be replace.. so do fuel line cleaner then replace fuel filter..while ur at it change ur oil and air filter...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Please consider Amsoil P.I. Its good for two tanks and is designed for cleaning and performance.
If you do want to try it e-mail me at Greg@TruLube.com. I'll get it to you at my cost plus tax and shipping. I'm trying to get a data base of users and their experince with the product. ( 1 bottle $10.40 retail, for up to 20 gallons of fuel)

Amsoil Info
P.i. Performance Improver Concentrate (API)
Improves fuel mileage an average of 2.3% and up to 5.7%. Reduces emissions such as hydrocarbons (HC) up to 15%, carbon monoxide (CO) up to 26% and nitrous oxides (NOx) up to 17%. Restores power and performance. Reduces the need for costly higher octane fuel. Reduces noise from carbon rap and pre-ignition. Offers better vehicle drivability and smoother operation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg api.jpg (3.0 KB, 43 views)
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com

Last edited by Lazerdot; 11-03-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added pertinate information
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #22
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
actually, if you are gonna dump snake oil (tne up in a can, so to speak)
in yer car, to clean out fuel and deposits...

use BG-44k. it is what most shops -actually- use, and actually works.
nothing is better without taking the heads apart.

anything with the same volatile components bg-44k has will do the same.

it only works on motors that are suffering...it won't do diddly for an engine
that:

sees weekly 2 hour runs (to evaporate moisture in the oil)
and weekday daily short drives (this is abuse...normal driving)
and is fed name brand gas and synthetic oil

the KEY to engine longevity... is weekly long trips to bake out moisture
from the oil, and drain the gas tank. if this never happens then the
stuff like BG-44k can work wonders on cleaning deposits and carbon
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:37 AM   #23
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Snake oil...really, geez.

Let me know if you want to try some "snake oil"... see my previous thread.
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com

Last edited by Lazerdot; 11-04-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote