Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #1
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
12 Hours of Cleaning!

so i have never taken care of the paint on any vehicle i have owned, and they all suffered because of it. i've had the yaris for a year, and the paint looks so good that i decided i would attempt to take care of it.

these are the chemicals that i used:

Chemical Guys: V36 cutting polish, V38 optical grade polish, Mr. Pink shampoo, White Light sealant, white paste wax, O-High Shine dressing, medium grade claybar mitt + lube
Meguiar's: DA drill attached polisher, compound/polish/wax pads
generic microfiber washing mitt and a stack of microfiber towels

holly crap!!!
procedure: wash (with dawn), clay bar mitt (lube smells so awesome!), wash with Mr. Pink (smells like watermelon candy, yum!), cut with V36, polish with V38. then it was 7pm. damn! that took 6 hours.
next day: wash and clay again with Mr. Pink. Seal with White Light. wait 30 minutes. buff off. wax with White wax. buffed off. treated all black plastic and rubber seals with O-High Shine. (also smells great!)
these products all worked well, very well. better than i ever expected. and they all smell so good!
when i was using the cutter (V36) on the roof, there was so much oxidation and smog and crap in the pant that it looked like mud running off. it was so gross, and it was after 2 washes and clay bar-ing.

here is some before pictures:

After all the work, the pictures do not give justice. i notice that it's so shiny that the camera misses a bunch of the body lines.
but it is so super shiny and smooth.
...so smooth

yeah, it's soooo much more shiny than the pictures give justice.
these Chemical Guys chemicals worked well.
extremely happy!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chemical guys, clean, detail, wash, wax