Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
tillo

Drives: yaris sedan
yaris wiring location

Hi guys I am new to this community and I have read 2 days long all arround google looking for this... not enough luck
no more chat, my deal, I have a toyota yaris almost 3 years old by now (as I live in Panama I'm not sure if year/model work alike other places) that has a kenwood system I have a lot of speakers home and I have wired them directly to the radio (unplugged the connector that documentation in the kenwood manual says goes to woofers) and my woofers sounds cool with the preamp too low but it was just a test. the thing is those wires rear and woofer exit were connected go far from sight and I have no idea where do they get I checked arround rear speakers mounting and I cant see red white or yellow black pair of wires toyota documentation says that go to rear speakers neither the green purple that goes to woofers. do I have to disconnect the sockets/adapter agency/dealer sat in there and do the cabling all again?
tillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
tillo

I think I made the post too long, still I want to know where those cables go to.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Your post is a little confusing....try to get assistance with typing it up again so that we can be sure we understand what you are asking. It could be just me, but I am confused.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
tillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Your post is a little confusing....try to get assistance with typing it up again so that we can be sure we understand what you are asking. It could be just me, but I am confused.
Haha ok ok thats true, I will try and clarify.
dealer set the car with a kenwood system that has 2 speakers at front doors I took the radio out and took the woofers harness, it was connected to 2 pairs of wires ignored those wires and connected woofers to the harness with crocodile clips, worked awsome, same with rear speakers, but the wires these harness are connected to dessapear behind the glove box and I havent seen them reappear. where do they go to?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
tillo

hi again, I unmounted more on the car and got another set of wires behind the backseats connected them and through settings in the radio I got to know those where for rear speakers, i am still looking for woofers but after all I read I think yaris is just not set to have woofers wires so I dont know why mine has 2 extra sets of wires and where do they end

Tags
rear, speakers, wiring, woofers