Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 AM   #19
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Palme View Post
sorry, but what is that?? Photos?
and what are "whp"? Is this the Power that are on the wheels or the enginepower like our euopean 133PS??? if that is wheelpower, my TS have 103,1 PS on the wheels and 136 on the engine.

What is what? The Intake Manifold?

This is also refered sometimes as the intake plenum... This intake manifold is the replacement for the plastic unit on our cars. You know the plastic piece with the 4 plastic runners that feed the air to the cylinders.

As explained by Richard on the official thread over at scionlife.com there will be no pictures of the actual manifold since there are no production units yet. He has a prototype that does not releflect whet the production unit will look like.

Just so you have an idea, I'm posting a a picture of another manifod that Richard developed for the Nissan Versa.

Regarding the power gains... yes WHP= horse power at the wheels.

The 2zr-fe is rated at different hp levels depending on the car model and market.
From 128 hp on the xD, 132 on the corolla and 136hp on th Yaris.

Diffrences are mostly due to the way the power is meassured...

One thing is concistent. This Engine seems to produce close to 120 hp to the wheels. I've seen a few dyno graps that prove it.

Richard's manifold alone produced around 12-13 extra hp to the wheels and when matched to to a Cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust it produced the amazing figure of 26 hp extra.

For the price, i believe those power gains are great...

No in order to get thi manifold produced we need at least 10 people willing to buy it....
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #20
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

This is the Nissan Versa intake Manifold
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versa engine[1].JPG (34.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #21
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Before anyone asks, the Versa/Tiida has a different configuration for the intake, as you can see the tubes go over the engine. The manifold for our engines would not really look like that, they would have the same general shape as the stock manifold.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #22
Yaris Palme
MAZDASPEED3

Drives: MazdaSpeed3
Send a message via ICQ to Yaris Palme
hmm, in combination with my K&N 57i Kit and my FOX exhaust with a higher flow....
because the shipping isn´t cheap i think i will wait. and then i will order the mani and the pully from NST.... could i made this over one of our guys here??
Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #23
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Probably Garm (Cali Yaris) could assist you with the shipping/logistic as he is a distributor for NST.

I know this is not a cheap part and shipping is expensive also...

But what you have to concider is that, if this Manifold gets to a production stage (Meaning the we find the 10 people that Richad is asking) this will probably became a rare piece and who knows if more units will ever be produced or sold... Just look how hard is to find 10 people only!!

I don't think the manifolds will be stocked by any store nor will be available for sale after this run, unless there are 10 more people willing to buy so Richard produces more.

So the way I see it is a one shot opportunity to get this done.

You have to concider the time frame for this. You won't need to pay the money right away.

First we need to get to the magic number of 10 people (We currently have 5). Then after the 10 people commit to buy the manifold it will take Richard at least 30 days to have the manifold ready. It will be until then that we will have to pay the $699.

My guess is that it will be close to the end of the year by the time that we actually have to pay the money. So that gives you time to start putting the money aside.
That will give you time also for NST to complete the development of the Pulleys.

Maybe Garm can hold the Manifold for you and consolidate the shipping with the pulleys once available.

What we need now is a real commitment to buy the manifold... so Richard can get the production process started.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #24
Yaris Palme
MAZDASPEED3

Drives: MazdaSpeed3
Send a message via ICQ to Yaris Palme
hm. yes, i am very interested in those things, mani and pully.
but could someone say me the price for the pully, and circa the FULL price with schipping to me. and if cali could make this, i think i will order some more parts from microimage.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #25
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

The official price for the NST pulleys has not been published yet as they are still on the development stage.

You can go to Garm's store http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html

and check the price for the US Yaris (1.5L 1NZ) pulleys. That should give you a general idea of what our pulleys might end up costing.

The price for the Intake Manifold will be $699.

You can sent a PM to Cali Yaris for shipping cost estimates so you can start working on a budget...!