Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Smile Magic Seats I must say I do love!

I must say, I fucking love a few things about the Honda Fit over my baby, 'Cara' (my Yaris).

First off, though, just wanted to make it clear that I fucking love my Yaris and am not bitching about anything about her here.

Just merely putting down thoughts I have. I've been helping my buddy Drew with his new car purchase, and he's looking at the 07 Yaris LE or 07 Fit LX.

And through helping him and giving him stats and figures and sources of info on both vehicles from when I myself was looking back in April, the qualities I really loved about the Honda Fit I am being reminded of all over again!

Still don't wish I owned one over my girl, Cara, but I must say two things re: the Fit that impress me more than their equivalents in the Yaris (though ONLY these two matters).

I absoutely fucking LOVE the "Magic Seats". Even though I'd prolly never use them to a real degree, save for once or twice a year camping or traveling to an annual 3 day outdoor rave we hit every year, I still think they are simply marvelous!

So handy and neat and cool, and SIMPLY and easy to use. Piece of cake. Plus the 60/40 STANDARD feature is nice. It's the one thing I miss in my LE and wish I'd wanted to spend the extra $$$ to get an RS to have that feature. The perfectly flat folding-ness is solid! Sleeping back there would be a dream -- if that's whut it came to (compared to sleeping in another vehicle, I suppose, not a bed or couch, of course).

And I do enjoy the little extra hatch space offered by the Fit over the smaller Yaris hatch area. The Fits is deeper too, which is VERY nice. Really liked that a lot when I saw and test drove one back in April.

Those two, three things are what I really truly respect and love about the Honda Fit. But in ever other regard I love my Yaris far, far more, and wouldn't trade her in for a second to get those options. The appeal of everything else is incredibly balance in the Yaris favour, which is why I chose my Yaris!

The Fit doesn't look particularly "youthful" or as "cool" as the Yaris does, IMO. I just fucking LOVE the way my Yaris looks from the outside and fucking LOVE it's interior layout too! Love that centre-mounted dash! I really dislike driving cars with it in the regular spot now.

Anyone else really appreciate those Magic Seats and kinda wish they had them on their Yaris, or that 60/40 FLAT folding was standard (or AT LEAST an option?), or that the hatch area was a tad bit bigger?

Lay it on... but please don't turn this thread into a pissing match for Yarii vs. Fits.

I'm with everyone and feel/know that I think personally the Yaris is a nicer vehicle in most or all regards, and the Yaris definitely suits me and my personality and what I want to be driving in life right now far more!!

P.L.U.R.R. tout le monde!

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote