Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
LEGATO``

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
custom made price?

i know a couple ppl who have custom made exhaust systems for their car (ie Lazandro's center exit exhaust, and alch3miss' ti-c for his sedan)

i'm planning on getting a custom one as well seeing as ppl tell me that's a cheaper way of getting the sound you really want out of a system

so i was wondering how ppl have paid for their custom exhaust?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I paid ~330 for mine (parts and labor, and half of that was the SS Magnaflow muffler). I'd suggest not getting stainless steel mufflers; it'll keep the cost down.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
It just depends on what you get and who does the work. You can pay anything from $200 at a budget muffler shop to $700 or more for a shop with a great rep.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
It just depends on what you get and who does the work. You can pay anything from $200 at a budget muffler shop to $700 or more for a shop with a great rep.
Yup, crush bends vs mandrel bends, mild steel vs stainless steel, cat-back vs resonator-back vs axle-back. Brand of muffler also to take into account.

Just as a comparison (two different muffler shops): my center-exit on my Vios, which is a resonator-back with that stainless steel Magnaflow with 2.25" piping cost (as I mentioned earlier) ~$330. For the GTI I had, I got everything for ~$180, and it was a cat-back, rear-offset exit (normal placement). Both muffler shops appear to have used crush bends and mild steel piping.

Exhaust tips will make a big difference in price as well. Here, I would suggest SS. The chrome plated steel tip on my Vios is rusting a bit in the inside.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote