Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Nekofelin
I've made a post!

Drives: Yarris
new wheel?

i don't know if this is the right spot to post this...

so i have a 2007 yaris hatchback (auto) with stock everything. and i seemed to have borked my front driver side wheel when i hit something hard making a turn so i put on my spare and look at the tire and it has dented the metal on the inside making air leak. the tire itself has no damage what so ever not even a scratch. so after this fiasco i go to the dealership to see how much it would cost to fix (they just see my borked wheel) and they say 350+tax and i said i would think about it. now i guess what i am getting at is, is there another way to do it? there seems to be no damage besides that broken wheel. is it possible just to buy one wheel and then have like wheel works or something similar pull the tire off the old one and put it on the new wheel and fix my yarris up? 350 is a little too steep for this college kid if so anyone have just one wheel (stock) they would like to part with?
Nekofelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
walt101786

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris Hatch-Back
well actually dude, with $350...u could pratically buy like a used set of wheels if by any chance you might know someone that are selling if cheap....but if you dont want to go that route, what you can do is to go to the junk yard, might often you'll find the wheels that you're looking for...and it cost way cheaper, that alone will save you probably like almost $200 or nothing, and as for the tire wise....if you're looking for cheaper deal, you could go to a local tire shop where they sell used tires proximetly around 20-40 a piece...depends....so in total with the $350...you'll mostly got yourself a semi-used to almost new wheels and tires...hope that helps man
walt101786 is offline   Reply With Quote