Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #217
Red Cell
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Interesting.

My wife's pre-owned 2006 Yaris RS Auto-Hatch isn't even "3 hrs old" and I see that the dreaded ABS light has come on (was not there during the test-drive). Since we are fortunate enough to still have 1 year on the extended "and" 90 days bumper-bumper, I've already made the call to the dealership and have an apt for Tuesday.

Geez, we'll see how this turns out.

Red Cell.

Re: 37,500km's
Red Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #218
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Guys, Ottawa is now investigating Toyota. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have not already, lodge a complaint with the Transport Canada Complaint Dept. so they will see this IS an issue that needs to be resolved:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDpp?Index

Remember, the more people complain, the more Ottawa will have a case to pressure Toyota into doing something!
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #219
jznomoney

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Is there a repair guide for this problem? A picture of the faulty harness and such?
jznomoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #220
onizuka

Drives: Yaris Blk 5 Drs RS
It would seem that once was enough for Toyota North America President Yoshimi Inaba. Just weeks after the top Toyota executive went before a congressional hearing in the United States, The Globe and Mail is reporting that Inaba has turned down a similar invitation to appear before the Canadian government. The topic of conversation? Why, the massive Toyota recall efforts and safety, of course.

Officials for the Harper Administration in Canada are expressing a great deal of disappointment at the apparent snub, with Merv Tweed, the Conservative MP chairing the Toyota committee, going so far as to say that Inaba's no-show would amount to a slight to the Canadian government and people, suggesting that Toyota perceives that the "American market is more important."

The Canadian government reportedly plans to once again request that Inaba attend its hearings. If Toyota refuses the request, parliament could issue a subpoena to Inaba, though the Toyota executive neither lives nor works in Canada, meaning he could potentially avoid the summons by keeping out of the country entirely.

For its part, Toyota Canada claims it does not report to Inaba and notes that CEO Yoichi Tomihara and managing director Stephen Beatty will attend on behalf of the company.

UPDATE: Despite continuing to insist that Toyota North America President Yoshimi Inaba has no responsibility for matters regarding recall and safety issues in Canada, Toyota has relented and Inaba will appear before the Parliament of Canada today.

[Source: The Globe and Mail]
onizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #221
fidgell

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by jznomoney View Post
Is there a repair guide for this problem? A picture of the faulty harness and such?
As one who did "the clean" and fixed the problem, which hasnt come back yet, Ive been asked by quite a few for a photo of the connection concerned. I plan to get this done soon as Ive been really busy, Im no internet ace though and am looking at how to get the picture on the board!!!

Watch this space!!!
fidgell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #222
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgell View Post
Im no internet ace though and am looking at how to get the picture on the board!!!
Should help you.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11114
Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #223
fidgell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Thanks for that, Im changing out of the winter wheels this weekend so Ill take the pictures then and get them on here soon as I can.....
Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #224
paulyates

Drives: 2007 HB
Picture of clip from another poster

Here's a pic of the ABS Sensor plug.
Credit to poster in Hub Spacer thread.
These are the front sensors I think, but would not imagine a big difference.

PY
Attached Images

paulyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #225
jznomoney

is there a way to disable abs for now like a fuse till i get to look at the sensors? Also when the abs light comes on, i hear a humming sound for a second then the brakes make a weird sound, then the light comes on. Then I can brake without abs, just normal brakes.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #226
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Yeah, there should be an ABS relay you can pull from the fuse panel under the hood.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #227
jznomoney

I found in the manual a fuse number 8 30a says abs2 and a fuse number 46 50a says abs1. Does that sound right?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #228
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

You should have a relay in there that says ABS.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #229
jznomoney

so its not abs1 or abs2 on this diagram?
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #230
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Yeah, pulling thee will disable the ABS but will also dissable the VSC. My echo has a relay that I can pull. I just figured the Yaris had one too.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #231
fidgell

So, its been a few months and the problem hasnt returned!!! Ive switched back to summer wheels so shouldnt see it again this year at least... anyway here's pictures of the affected site for those who messaged me. Sorry it took so long!
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #232
Luxley

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Thanks for the Fix folks!! Warning Lights were on all last winter. When I called the local dealer they played dumb with dollar signs in their eyes!! I can't image all the sensors that have been changed at the expense of owners all because of a poorly designed connection. I am going to try to silicone the entire connector before next winter. Mabye this will keep the slush out?! Would be nice if Toyota pulled up their socks on this obvious weak link in the Yaris Braking System.
Luxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #233
Jake

Drives: 1997 Yaris Sedan
Lights for brake and ABS off

It disappeared.
Must be the good weather.
I'll make sure not to panic when it reappears in the winter and will just take out the fuse for the abs.

I guess they'll never come clean on this problem because there is money to be made for replacing of their defective parts.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #234
Theisbj
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris D-4D Luna 5d
I just got the same problem. Both the VSC and ABS lights are on.

My Toyota Yaris is from february 2007 and they say it will cost me 9300 DKR or 1550$.
Theisbj is offline   Reply With Quote