Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #55
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Very nice. Looks like a bullet proof "old school" set-up. Now, to configure your clean room environment. Expecting a complete re-spray in the near future. Exciting.
It is a beast, Kimona. I got all my fittings hooked up and tested it with sustained spraying (air only at this point). It should easily capable of painting a car and maintaining pressure. It will run intermittently, of course.

I did some light maintenance: oil change, cut new foam filters and cleaned the felt filters. Also, cleaned it up well including all the crud out of the fins.

Yes, the spray booth...

I've been doing a lot of reading. Negative pressure seems to be the way to go, but I'm leaning toward blowing the stuff out of the enclosure. I'll dedicate 1/2 of my garage to a booth. 2 20 box fans and 2 20" furnace filters.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #56
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
If you were to strive for, and get to the point of a negative pressure environment, you might as well change professions.

What's the top psi and sustained cfm of that ugly sow?

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2018, 08:26 PM   #57
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
If you were to strive for, and get to the point of a negative pressure environment, you might as well change professions.

What's the top psi and sustained cfm of that ugly sow?

Haha, ugly sow she is! Not certain as I have yet to find any info on the compressor itself. I've posted on a site that is dedicated to all things compressors and am hoping that someone on there can tell me. I also plan to write the company, Champion Pneumatic Machinery, (or the latest iteration of the company) and see what specs are on the head unit itself. Since it's a home built, I doubt there's any real way of knowing what the unit is capable of.

When you refer to negative pressure environment and changing professions, am I correct in assuming you're alluding to the cost of creating one? My key concern is evacuating fumes/mist/overspray s quickly as possible. I've read about explosions associated with drawing air over an unenclosed motor - such as the box fan - yet everyone I've talk to that's done similar painting etc thinks it's exceedingly unlikely. I theorize that if I can evacuate quickly and bring in as little contamination (dust), I'll be safe and better off generally. Or...you'll read about it in the news.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 05-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #58
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
When you refer to negative pressure environment and changing professions, am I correct in assuming you're alluding to the cost of creating one?
Sort of, tongue and cheek. With that expense and effort, you'd be well positioned to at least sideline. Really, once done, how many vehicles would you personally need to paint? Make money from a hobby.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #59
06YarisRS

Yes, the thought of a few jobs here and there sounds appealing. A budget paint job with no guarantees for locals; word of mouth. Always the understanding that one should not expect a high quality job. At least in the early stages.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #60
06YarisRS

I started a post called "Paint Booth For Full Respray" in the General discussion forum.