Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #325
Eatoman

Drives: '07 Yaris 5dr HB
Just wondering if this CC kit would work on a Yaris? Seems pretty cool!

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/pdf...P300-AP500.pdf
Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #326
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatoman View Post
Just wondering if this CC kit would work on a Yaris? Seems pretty cool!

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/pdf...P300-AP500.pdf
It would, but I am sure it's a whole lot more expensive than simply adding the stalk and wires to use the ECM equipped CC.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #327
Eatoman

Drives: '07 Yaris 5dr HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It would, but I am sure it's a whole lot more expensive than simply adding the stalk and wires to use the ECM equipped CC.
Expensive yes. But then again, there's always a price to pay for "stylish" features.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #328
Ecoman44

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback Manual
Another CC success!

CTScott and Vince87, I cannot thank you enough. I built my 4 switch setup yesterday and installed it tonight. Works like a champ!! Now, just to install the indicator and the pin to button it all up. I cannot believe it was that easy. I wonder how much money you have saved folks?
Ecoman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #329
gam668

Drives: 2008 yaris auto
cc kit 4 2008

Hey CTScott I seen your set up on micro image 4 sale. I have a 2008 Yaris hatchback w/Automatic
vin# Starts J1DJ and ecm is 89661-52g51. Will your package work? If yes how do I pay You for the stalk and wires needed to do this? I would like to do this, IT WOULD BE A GREAT SAVINGS TO ME.... Thanks alot :
gam668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #330
yariskids1
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 hatchback
Thanks to you and CTScott. Just did this yesterday and it works great. I used the 2 switch set up. Took about 2.5 hours all in, time very well spent. Thanks again!
yariskids1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #331
PROX4x4
1.5 or 2.5 both=0-60 in 8

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris
Thumbs up 08 Yaris HB

Thanks for the step by step info, I was wondering if it works for a 08 Yaris HB? and what type of switches are they, are they the click type (sorry not very professional) or push on-push off type?

Thank you,
PROX4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #332
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROX4x4 View Post
Thanks for the step by step info, I was wondering if it works for a 08 Yaris HB? and what type of switches are they, are they the click type (sorry not very professional) or push on-push off type?

Thank you,
The switches need the be momentary normally open switches. Momentary is the type like a key on a keyboard, where you press it and it pops back up. Normally open means that it completes the circuit when you press it.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #333
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
Is anyone having an issue with the cruise control indicator light? For some reason my LED doesn't light up when I engage the cruise (OEM stalk) all the time. I will press it again to disengage it and then it comes on. It will do that sometimes, and sometimes it won't come on at all when I engage it, and other times it works properly. At first thought, was thinking it might be a short -- but it only happens when the cruise is either engaged or disengaged as opposed to just randomly coming on or off while driving.
white_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #334
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_rice View Post
Is anyone having an issue with the cruise control indicator light? For some reason my LED doesn't light up when I engage the cruise (OEM stalk) all the time. I will press it again to disengage it and then it comes on. It will do that sometimes, and sometimes it won't come on at all when I engage it, and other times it works properly. At first thought, was thinking it might be a short -- but it only happens when the cruise is either engaged or disengaged as opposed to just randomly coming on or off while driving.
The indicator module detects the voltage change when the on/off switch is pressed. If the connections between the ECM and the stalk are not solid, then the voltage drop across them can cause the module to misinterpret the press.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #335
PROX4x4

Quote:
It's actually 240 and 390.

You can use any value within these ranges:
216 to 264 ohms for one between resume and on/off
351 to 426 ohms for the one between set and resume
819 to 1001 ohms for the one between set and cancel

For wattage, 1/8 or 1/4 watt is fine.

I wonder if this switch would work for the on/off & Set setting for this type of cruise control setup?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARLI...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #336
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I wonder if this switch would work for the on/off & Set setting for this type of cruise control setup?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARLI...Q5fAccessories
The switches need to be momentary. That on is ON/OFF/Momentary, so it would be OK in one direction, but not the other. You'd want Momentary/Off/Momentary.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #337
PROX4x4

Quote:
The switches need to be momentary. That on is ON/OFF/Momentary, so it would be OK in one direction, but not the other. You'd want Momentary/Off/Momentary.
Been looking around to see if I can make something funky using your lighting module and resistors set up with below switches, but I guess nothing beats the stock CC setup.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Stainless-Mome...item43a7fb8cea
Your innovations clears the way to personal styling of Yarises in this world :D
Thanks again!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #338
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Been looking around to see if I can make something funky using your lighting module and resistors set up with below switches, but I guess nothing beats the stock CC setup.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Stainless-Mome...item43a7fb8cea
Your innovations clears the way to personal styling of Yarises in this world :D
Thanks again!
Those would work, and the lighting is isolated from the switching, so that's good as well. For $9 each though the cost for 4 is the same as what I sell the stalks for.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #339
david.gartee1

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Hey all, I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I just did my install of the 4-Button CC. It works perfectly after a little troubleshooting. The only problem is that I just have the wire chillin' in the ECU. I have no idea how long it will stay there, but it stayed in on my 60 mile round trip to/from work. I do not wish to buy the real wire from Toyota, but I will if I must. But I was wondering something: I have a spare wiring harness adapter laying around with the pins kinda like the ones that go in the ECU (I assume), and I was wondering if I can seat those in the ECU for a permanent solution.
david.gartee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #340
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.gartee1 View Post
Hey all, I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I just did my install of the 4-Button CC. It works perfectly after a little troubleshooting. The only problem is that I just have the wire chillin' in the ECU. I have no idea how long it will stay there, but it stayed in on my 60 mile round trip to/from work. I do not wish to buy the real wire from Toyota, but I will if I must. But I was wondering something: I have a spare wiring harness adapter laying around with the pins kinda like the ones that go in the ECU (I assume), and I was wondering if I can seat those in the ECU for a permanent solution.
They need to be the exact same pins, otherwise the pin latch mechanism will not snap back into place. I sell the ECM pins (with about 2' of wire) for $5 shipped, which is a lot less than the dealer charges.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #341
i-trans

Drives: yaris liftback 2007
Hi,

i have try to install this cruise control mod...
But no cruise function...
All switch are okay, i have buy the cc switch, i have connected the switch to the white and the blue wire ( around the purple wire ).
my switch set-up are the same of the tutorial (4 switch with 240, 390 and 910 resistor )

I have buy 2 D3 wire and a A21 connector.

the a21 connector goes to my red wire on my sitch and to the pin1 of the d3 connector.
my black wire goes to pin2 of d3 connector and to the negative.

I start the car, i push on the "on" switch...
at 100Km/h i push on the "set" and nothing happen...

what's wrong?!?
i-trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #342
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-trans View Post
Hi,

i have try to install this cruise control mod...
But no cruise function...
All switch are okay, i have buy the cc switch, i have connected the switch to the white and the blue wire ( around the purple wire ).
my switch set-up are the same of the tutorial (4 switch with 240, 390 and 910 resistor )

I have buy 2 D3 wire and a A21 connector.

the a21 connector goes to my red wire on my sitch and to the pin1 of the d3 connector.
my black wire goes to pin2 of d3 connector and to the negative.

I start the car, i push on the "on" switch...
at 100Km/h i push on the "set" and nothing happen...

what's wrong?!?
Do you have an AT or MT?

There is no purple wire near the CCS wire in pin 40 of connector A21. Looking at the connector from the wire entry side, there is a blue wire with silver marks next to it on the left and a brown wire next to it in the next row.

Why did you add pins to D3? You only need to do so if using the OEM stalk, not for using the DIY switch method.