Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Drives: 07 Gerbil Powered Hatchback
Exhaust pipe gasket

Does the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust come with a exhaust pipe gasket? Do all mufflers? I ask because the factory repair manual says that those are a non-reusable part.

I also wonder if it is realistic to think that if I got one of those Scan Gauges and was bored enough to read through the repair manual, all the while assuming that if I were to buy the necessary tools and not perform any maintenance that I would not be able to perform due to parts or specialized knowledge, that I could theoretically conduct most routine maintenance? If not, that couldn't hurt as a supplement to authorized service repair work; again assuming I would have necessary tools and the work was not too complicated?

I don't know if it is realistic, but I like the idea of doing most of the work myself to keep this car in as good of shape possible. I understand that could get expensive buying tools and such, but would be fun, I think.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
When I installed my TRD exhaust the stock exhaust didnt even have the gasket.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote