Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
ryufrank

Drives: 07 Yaris
Unhappy No parking lights

Hello guys,

I would like to thank you for all the answers I found in your forum throughout the years.
I am currently facing a problem I couldn't resolve, so I decided to register and ask for your help.
I own a 2007 Toyota Vitz RS (actually JDM Yaris). For the records, it's the 5 door hatchback variant.

Suddenly the first stage on the lights stick (parking lights: rear parking lights, license plate numbers, front 5W parking lights, fog lights) won't work.
Also when I turn the lights stick to the first position, not even the dashboard's lights dim down as it always did.

I believe this narrows down my problem to either issue with the stick itself, relay/fuse, or the wiring between the 2.

I've been unable so far to locate the responsible relay/fuse to test.
I know where the fuse box in the engine bay is, and have also located some more fuses/relays (not many though) the dash, behind the passenger's feet panel (it's a RHD car).
Am I missing something? Are there any more fuses/relays somewhere else? Or the relay/fuse is infront of my eyes and I am missing it?

Your assistance, and any other kind of advice will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you
ryufrank is offline   Reply With Quote