Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
phyrefighterjay

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Has anyone tried a yaris diesel conversion?

I would love to import a 1.4 D and try it (85mpg sounds good to me!) Especially if we can run WVO. That's going down the road at approx 80mpg for almost free! The big question is...(drumroll)....what auto tranny (no manual trannys in this house) does the 1.4 D use? It will take a real Yaris geek to answer this one. I hope that it will simply "bolt up" to the current transmission (what model # is mine? 2007 auto?)
Thanks guys!
J wilhelm
44.2 mpg avg in the mtns of colorado
using 85 octane
phyrefighterjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I was in France this past summer and checked out the Yaris D-4D at a dealer on the outskirts of Paris. If my wife would have let me spend a day searching out junkyards, I would have shipped myself home one of the 1NDTV engines. They get paired up with either a 6 speed multi-mode (EC-65A) or a 6 speed manual transmission (EC65). Both of which are different from what gets paired with our 1.5, but the same as what gets paired with the 1.3L.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I was in France this past summer and checked out the Yaris D-4D at a dealer on the outskirts of Paris. If my wife would have let me spend a day searching out junkyards, I would have shipped myself home one of the 1NDTV engines. They get paired up with either a 6 speed multi-mode (EC-65A) or a 6 speed manual transmission (EC65). Both of which are different from what gets paired with our 1.5, but the same as what gets paired with the 1.3L.
That sounds like quite a business opportunity right there. Export a bunch of junkyard engines/trans from "across the pond", setup a simple e-com website, "refurbish" the engines and sell them as "eco-upgrades" for the Yaris! I'm sure theres some people out there that would be interested in getting 80+ MPG, especially when gas meets or exceeds diesel prices.

I like the spunkyness of the yaris too much to do that to it. I hear what you give up is being able to drive faster than 55MPH and a 0-60 in 45s. (not literally)
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote