Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #109
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
If you don't like it (or Honda), just say it...
+1

There's a lot of hating simply bc its NOT a toyota (yaris)

lol, which is lame. period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
from the looks of things, the fit computer mileage is way off (4 mpg for many of them).
It is. Usually by 2-4 mpg it seems (per fitfreak). One needs to really state their CALCULATED mpg (not the fit computer generated ones!). do it the old fashioned way... tracking kms and L to fill.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #110
bobby

Drives: 2007 Yaris/2009 Phit Sport
I'm not too obsessive about FE...my Phit seems to be getting very good mileage, and that's great. Beyond that, it is quiet, handles like a dream, and makes me very happy every time I start it up! Love it!!
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #111
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I does handle well. Feels a little bit like a sports car. It has a harsh ride when going over bumps. I guess that is the stiff suspension. I love the alloys and would not think of changing them ever.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #112
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
Is that a Nissan? It is. Then yes it's a pile of doo doo. hehe
How do you know - you have friend with one or see reliability data? That is good question! Is there a free web site with 'long term reliability data' I know consumer jewish reports but not others maybe more relevant market researchers. Edwards?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #113
bobby

Consumer Reports is a great resource to check vehicle reliability. I'd never buy a car w/o looking at CR to see which cars are rated highly for reliability. Both the Yaris & the Phit (the two cars I own) are rated by CR to be 'much better than average' in reliability.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #114
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
I CHECKED OUT THE FIT LAST WEEKEND.. OPEN THE DOOR AND CLOSED IT RIGHT AWAY.. the handle on the door alone and the door itself felt so thin...it feels like i can bend it out of shape..felt like the old civic... thumbs down.. although i love the fits steering wheel...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #115
bobby

...then don't buy one. I loooooooove my Phit!! It is unquestionably the gold standard for so-called economy cars. I made a very good choice, I feel. Cool color too!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #116
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
...then don't buy one. I loooooooove my Phit!! It is unquestionably the gold standard for so-called economy cars. I made a very good choice, I feel. Cool color too!
Unquestionably? Seems like there are a lot of people questioning...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #117
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko3257 View Post
i don't know where you guys are getting these figures from?
this is as per honda site usa.
base fit mt 14,550
base fit at 15,350
sport fit mt 16,060
sport fit at 16,910

as per toyota site which only had these
base yaris 3 door mt 13,715
base yaris 5 door at 15,174
no sport manual to compare?
sport yaris at 17,874

now these toyota figures are configured to match
what the fit has. but yaris still doesn't have enough
option to compare exactly.
there is no base 5 door manual either so i used 3 door.
as you can see numbers are really close.
and to those buying sport 5 doors you are paying more.
17,874 yaris vs. 16,910 fit.
thats a total 964 difference.
thats some rims to me. i don't know about you.
Website =/= individual dealership prices. Lots of people are getting their numbers from dealerships that they've visited. Dealerships are franchises and are able to determine their own prices according to demand in their specific areas. Also, let's not forget tax, documentation, delivery, dealer specific add-ons, etc.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #118
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
In Canada there was no contest when I priced out a Yaris and a Fit. Just over 17 for the Yaris, just over 19 for the Fit.
$19,280 for the manual Fit SPORT. ($20,480 for the auto)

How much does the Yaris RS cost? $18,815 for the manual ($20,165 for the auto)

So thats a difference of $465 for the stick, and only $315 for the auto.

What's are these comments abt "all the extra money" the Fit costs over the Yaris? $300-500 is hardly a hefty premium. In fact, when you consider all the other nice, amazing things the new Fit has over the Yaris, there's no premium at all. That $400 is the cost of all the other features the Fit gets you over a Yaris on their respective top of the line models!

Jem

EDIT:

OK, just read this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
Website =/= individual dealership prices. Lots of people are getting their numbers from dealerships that they've visited. Dealerships are franchises and are able to determine their own prices according to demand in their specific areas. Also, let's not forget tax, documentation, delivery, dealer specific add-ons, etc.
And thats a good point I hadnt thought abt per se, since all the Honda and Toyota dealerships here in Collingwood and Barrie, Ontario are listing at stated online listed price. We arent seeing dealerships marking the prices up. Man, sucks that some (many?) are having to deal w/ that though. Seems strange to me, wouldnt like that at all.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #119
bobby

Since I own a 2007 as well as a 2009 Phit, I can tell you that unquestionably that the Phit is a better car. It's safer, handles better (stock), the seats are more comfortable, it's more powerful, and offers a Nav system which is incredible. I love the Yaris, but I loooooooove the Phit!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:17 PM   #120
marcus
toyota

Quote:
easy there..got nothing against it..well actually i do,,, im just telling sum people some of the downside... engine wise id say the fit is better.. again steering wheel is a plus... but that damn door is botherin me.. which it did bother me on the old civics as well .. but overall its ur car.. i think u did good job choosing the fit.. its a great car... i just cant past the shell being too thin.sorry bro.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #121
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Quote:
Since I own a 2007 as well as a 2009 Phit, I can tell you that unquestionably that the Phit is a better car. It's safer, handles better (stock), the seats are more comfortable, it's more powerful, and offers a Nav system which is incredible. I love the Yaris, but I loooooooove the Phit!
Sorry bobby, your suggestions (as educated as they may be) are still completely subjective. Most of us have weighed the ups and downs between the two (prices, options, etc.) and some of us feel that the Yaris is far superior to the Fit in most areas. You don't agree, and that's perfectly fine because it's all subjective. But to say that it's "unquestionably" the best car in its class is straight-up false.

Safer? Where are the numbers for this?

Handles better? Subjective

Seats more comfortable? Subjective, and you've probably never sat in an S model before.

NAV system offered? Yaris now has this option too.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #122
Stargate YARlantIS

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Bump PTO

Peace, Love and Good Smoke!
--Tommy Chong
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #123
marcus
toyota

also hes forgetting maybe that hes on a yaris forum..
Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #124
Stargate YARlantIS

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
also hes forgetting maybe that hes on a yaris forum..
I'll second that Marcus!

Peace, Love and Good Smoke!
--Tommy Chong
Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #125
bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
Sorry bobby, your suggestions (as educated as they may be) are still completely subjective. Most of us have weighed the ups and downs between the two (prices, options, etc.) and some of us feel that the Yaris is far superior to the Fit in most areas. You don't agree, and that's perfectly fine because it's all subjective. But to say that it's "unquestionably" the best car in its class is straight-up false.

Safer? Where are the numbers for this?

Handles better? Subjective

Seats more comfortable? Subjective, and you've probably never sat in an S model before.

NAV system offered? Yaris now has this option too.

The seats may be a subjective opinion (they feel more supportive that the seats on the Yaris...after a long drive in the Yaris I had to have a chiropracter waiting for me when I arrived at my destination! I have not sat in an S model...I own a regular 2007 hatch, and that's what I'm comparing it to) but the Yaris just don't don't feel safe at high (60 miles an hour or more) speed, and Consumer Reports specifically points to that reason that they cannot recommend people buying the Yaris. They feel that the emergency handling on the Yaris is sub-par, and I agree. Consumer Reports feels that the Phit is a better car, and having owned BOTH, I must agree. It is a quieter car, there's more room in the back, and the "magic seats" which allow the back seats to flip UP, is such a great feature. The Phit has EIGHT airbags....how many does the Yaris have? Since the 2009 Phit has not been crash tested yet, I will be curious to how it does compared to the Yaris.

I am not aware that the Yaris offers a built-in Navigation system.

Has anybody read a magazine review or an online auto review which rates the Yaris as a better car than a Phit? If so, I'd like to see it. I have only read reviews which tout the Phit as an overal better car than the Yaris, and that has been my impression as well.

What can I say...I am becoming a Phit Phreak!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #126
marcus
toyota

i think i should take my pop corn out this will be good.. i just like to watch..
Closed Thread