Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #19
RobStar86

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
Silvertop does not come equipped with TVIS. TVIS was on the earlier 4age 16v. Both the silvertop and blacktop run ITB's. Although i'm pretty sure the blacktop uses a map sensored system which allows you to run the ITB's open without an intake plenum. Silvertop does not.

I own a couple corollas and I was considering swapping the 20v, but if I pick up a yaris, I might as well just swap it in that.

If you check this link:

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...ifications.htm

Check the stats between the ae101 (silvertop) and ae111 (blacktop). You can see the blacktop is just more set up to rev.
RobStar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
DoriKnights

Drives: Rps13
ok i never have done so much damn research in my life! but this swap would be hella worth it.. at least i would think so, sure turbo is the easy way to more power but this engine simply is beautiful, that power NA with still more potential to go

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF A BLACK TOPS ENGINE BAY
http://www.japparts.com.au/images/20vblk.jpg

AND YARIS ENGINE BAY, SOMETHING U HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE .. JK
http://images.motortrend.com/oftheye...ngine_view.jpg
DoriKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #21
NotAMini

Drives: Dealer Strip Model
20V Never again.

I've been playing with these motor for a long time. Putting them into Ae86 and AW11, are fun, but you are limited to where you could get parts from. For example where are you going to get a cap and rotor when you need them? For some reason the 160 hp just don't seem as strong as the Honda 160 hp. If I was to go NA on a Yaris, I would look into the Corolla engine instead. 170hp and smog legal.
NotAMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
Black Magic Hatch

Drives: Black Sand Hatchback
to the threadstarter, ive done countless swaps for 20vs into hachirokus, and even then the swap is dificult and costly, it is possible to get the swap to work on our yaris but the biggest concern is the wiring since our newer harness and the older harness, youll have to graft the harnesses together or get hybrid racing to fabricate you one up but even then your looking at having to offer your chassis for them to be able to do that. My 2 cents and an honest opinion for the amount of money it will take for this swap to work which will be in the 10K to 16K range it would be safer and a bit easier to swap the 2zz from a celica both swaps would be around the same price range the wiring would be easier and also youd start out with a more potent platform to work with, with vvtl-i as oppossed to our vvt. That swap would be similiar to a k-swap into a 2000 civic, same power and speed potential. Good luck and for your own benefit id contact hybrid racing as well as hasport for some mounts.
Power isnt everything, its significance is only applicable on the straightaways, the second point to be conquered are the corners, but a race is decided on the third point... Do you know the third point?
Black Magic Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
Quote:
For some reason the 160 hp just don't seem as strong as the Honda 160 hp. If I was to go NA on a Yaris, I would look into the Corolla engine instead. 170hp and smog legal.
edited

Yes that is what I have been trying to say all this time. You can't swap a older engine in a new chassis. That motor is old news, and won't pass the smog, or visual check of emissions. The 2zz is the most up to date motor if you want that high reving motor. Yea hondas engines are race inspired from the factory. Toyota lost the racing spirit between the 87-2002 era in my opinion. Supras, rwd corolla, mr2 etc....
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote