Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-22-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
Ryano

Drives: Toyota Yaris YR Upgrade 10
Setting the clock

I know how to change the time settings on my clock, but I saw videos on YouTube of a Yaris that had it's time in 24 hour time.
Having grown up with Dad in the Defence Force, I am very used to 24 hour time and prefer it too.

I'm wondering, does anyone know how to change the clock to show 24 hour time instead of 12 hour time?
I'd also like to change the radio time to show in 24 hour time if possible too

Thanks in advance!
Ryano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I don't think it's possible, this is all the manual has to say on setting the clock...

Quote:
The digital clock indicates the time.

To adjust the clock, put the key in the “ON” position.

With tachometer—

Pushing the reset knob flashes the indicator for the hour and you can adjust the hour.
Press the reset knob until the desired hour will appear.
After 5 or more seconds pass without operating, the indicator for the minute flashes. Then you can adjust the minute.
Press the reset knob until the desired minute will appear.
After 5 or more seconds passes without operating, the indicator will return to the normal display.
If the electrical power source has been disconnected from the clock, the time display will automatically be set to 1:00 (one o’clock).

Without tachometer—

Pushing the reset knob flashes the indicator for the minute and you can adjust the minute.
Press the reset knob until the desired minute will appear.
After 5 or more seconds pass without operating, the indicator for the hour flashes.
Then you can adjust the hour.
Press the reset knob until the desired hour will appear.
After 5 or more seconds passes without operating, the indicator will return to the normal display.
If the electrical power source has been disconnected from the clock, the time display will automatically be set to 1:00 (one o’clock)