Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
found a wrecked yaris s sedan!

was driving near my house a couple weeks ago and noticed a black yaris s sedan parked out front of the local salvage yard.

first off, i would like to apologize if anyone on here was the owner of said yaris and i sincerely hope everyone is ok who was in the vehicle.

i own an 07 base sedan in pacific blue metallic and after talking to the yard owner it's an 08 in black. the front-end is pretty messed-up and there's really nothing up there i would want to take a chance on buying. however, after looking at it closely the side skirts and rear skirt are in good condition and he says the donut is perfect(i actually destroyed my donut the day after i blew-out the regular tire - NO LIE!

anyways, he quoted me at $100 per side skirt and $360 for the rear bumper/skirt(he says he won't let just the skirt go because it would ruin the bumper) is this true and if not how hard is it to remove the side skirts and rear bumper(or just rear skirt) from the car? what kind of tools will i need to bring with me? and finally, is that even a fair price to ask for parts i will have to have repainted?

oh, and the donut is going for $60(i've heard that's not bad as those are the most expensive tire on the car). any other parts i should look at?

thanks!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
I think I've read a lot of people wanting the cluster out of it if yours doesn't have the tach. But I'm pretty tired right now so I might be wrong. And maybe spoiler?
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
==============================
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
he says he won't let just the skirt go because it would ruin the bumper) is this true
When a front or rear bumper skirt is removed, holes are left behind in stock bumper. These pieces are held on with a series of clips.

If all it needs is a repaint, then I'd say $360 is probably reasonable as these are hard to find.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
There will be no visible holes on the bumper if the lip kit is removed. The side skirts have holes for clips but they're on the bottom side. All the lips have two screw holes on each side next the tires where they attach to the car. Other than that they are just held on with double sided tape and a couple bolts underneath.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
There will be no visible holes on the bumper if the lip kit is removed. The side skirts have holes for clips but they're on the bottom side. All the lips have two screw holes on each side next the tires where they attach to the car. Other than that they are just held on with double sided tape and a couple bolts underneath.

Yup. I will be selling my S Lip Kit sometime in the future once my new body kit arrives. As for the donut 60 bucks for a local sale is a good price. I was considering selling my donut too. You are correct that it is very expensive. The tire is around 120 and the rim is 250 for my local dealership prices. If you can get some of the interior panels it might be a good idea in case yours get trashed if they are in great condition. What color is the interior?

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #6
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Yup. I will be selling my S Lip Kit sometime in the future once my new body kit arrives. As for the donut 60 bucks for a local sale is a good price. I was considering selling my donut too. You are correct that it is very expensive. The tire is around 120 and the rim is 250 for my local dealership prices. If you can get some of the interior panels it might be a good idea in case yours get trashed if they are in great condition. What color is the interior?
yeah, if nothing else i'll probably pick-up the donut as i don't like driving around without aaa or a usable spare now that you mention it, i do need a replacement door panel on the drivers side where the power window switches are(mine has a rattle) and the panel that covers the stock radio needs replaced too(be careful of those fragrances that are liquid and clip on the heating vents - it actually melted the plastic where it was!).

i would really like leather seats, but i don't think any yaris sedans have those!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
When I added factory side skirts to my 07 they had to drill holes in the side as there are clips that hold it to the car (side and bottom), there is also double sided tape that that comes with the skirts but it is used only in small sections by the fender wells. Here is a pic of side skirt removed.
Mine didn't have those holes in the side. Just the 2 screws on each end, double sided tape the whole length of the side skirt and the clips underneath. I just looked under my car and there's no holes for the clips like you have.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I went to a used tire place (they usually get good tires/wheels from the junkyards) and they only charged me $20 for the spare.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
The clips for the sides on the part sheet are listed as optional so maybe they don't use them from the factory. The toyota dealership body shop that put mine on said they would not put them on without that hardware, so I had to buy the optional stuff.

that is most likely what happened to you dude...mine is just like Brian's from the factory.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote