Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-23-2015, 03:50 AM   #1
Tingtang

Drives: 1998 Vitz / Yaris
Headlight Bulbs.

Hi all, The headlight illumination on my old '98 Vitz is pathetic.

What type is recommended to obtain a good result?

I see H7 halogens offered pretty cheap, they may not last too long but several pairs can be obtained for less than Sylvana and similar premium brand types. The H7 is stated to be Xenon Gas. Rated 100W + 12V.
i am no mechanic so don't know if they would be suitable.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks & happy Holidays.

Last edited by Tingtang; 12-23-2015 at 04:53 AM. Reason: info was omitted.
Tingtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
bairjo

I have these and love them. Just bought some for my wife's Rav4 to give her for Christmas...that includes me installing them ..lol.

http://www.autozone.com/parts/electr...?checkfit=true

Some reviews say they only last a few months. I have had my bulbs in the Yaris going on a year now. I made sure to wear rubber gloves while handling the glass parts of the bulbs as the residue from your fingers could cause issues....not sure if that is true or not...but so far so good. I drive a lot of freeway mile at night through deer country and really depend on these to show the "deer in the headlights" sooner than later. That being said, I would rather pay for another set of these for their performance on the road instead of a pair of OEM style bulbs that just don't reach as far down the road as these.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
Tingtang

Drives: 1998 Vitz / Yaris
Thanks a deal for that info - no Deer in this part of the Globe, in fact little wild life is safe from Hunters- even small birds roosting in trees would you believe!

I will go ahead and order these H7's.

All the best,
tt.
Tingtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Doesn't your headlight take H4 dual filament bulbs?

And have you first buffed the lenses clean? A yellowed lense will block a lot of the light output.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote