Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Blitz air filter replacement

Ok. This might be a stupid question but I'm still new to anything concerning the engine compartment of vehicles. So I just ordered the Blitz air filter for the HB Yarii and I'm looking at the air box in the car, I'm wondering "How the heck am I suppose to replace it?" Do I have to remove the whole plastic box and somehow shove the filter in?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
Ok. This might be a stupid question but I'm still new to anything concerning the engine compartment of vehicles. So I just ordered the Blitz air filter for the HB Yarii and I'm looking at the air box in the car, I'm wondering "How the heck am I suppose to replace it?" Do I have to remove the whole plastic box and somehow shove the filter in?

being to lazy to look myself, whats the blitz filter come with, the 1 posted on this site was just a cone filter, you still need to buy the short ram pipeing
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
If its just a "replacement" filter, you just un-clip the 2 metal clips on the right side of your air boxes top. The top will now be loose from the bottom, that is anchored into the car itself. Slide out the white paper Toyota original filter, and slid in your new replacement.

Blitz also sells their cone filter, that replaces the entire stock air box, and gives you and adapter and cone style filter. Not much to their kit. NOTHING else needs to be purchased, it comes complete.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote