Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #19
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
I notice its when I come to a steady stop sometimes when i feel it. I could be not being depressed enough to really engage noticeably.
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #20
xdarkxfirex

Could it also be the rubber hoses? Where is a good place to buy a set of stainless ones?
Old 01-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #21
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Adjust the rear drums and make sure the front slider pins are free , rear makes a huge difference in how the brakes feel on Yaris

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:27 AM   #22
xdarkxfirex

It does, but you have to adjust them regularly. I just did the other day. I ordered a set of new front brakes just to see if it will help the problem go away as well. I've pretty much narrowed it down to that now. Dont know if proportioning valves, or a booster can cause the same problem. I've heard mixed things. Sometimes you have to press twice to notice the brakes engage, it doesnt engage, or you press brakes feel warping then it sinks a little.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #23
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I still don't understand. Are you pressing the brake pedal and it goes to the floor without slowing down at all? Like the first time you press the pedal after pushing the piston in for new pads?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #24
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkxfirex View Post
It does, but you have to adjust them regularly. I just did the other day. I ordered a set of new front brakes just to see if it will help the problem go away as well. I've pretty much narrowed it down to that now. Dont know if proportioning valves, or a booster can cause the same problem. I've heard mixed things. Sometimes you have to press twice to notice the brakes engage, it doesnt engage, or you press brakes feel warping then it sinks a little.
Are your slider pins moving and lubed are the front pistons moving etc ...think you are putting way to much though in to this , adjust rear and make sure all is moving upfront and you don't have a seized calipers .

Old 01-28-2018, 12:24 AM   #25
xdarkxfirex

Yep, the sliders are lubed up pads uniformally wearing. the lower pins sometimes feel like the stick a little more, even though the bushings are fine and they are greased. Its not a sink to the floor issue, its just sometimes you dont feel the brakes engaging at all, but pedal still has pressure.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:36 AM   #26
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkxfirex View Post
Yep, the sliders are lubed up pads uniformally wearing. the lower pins sometimes feel like the stick a little more, even though the bushings are fine and they are greased. Its not a sink to the floor issue, its just sometimes you dont feel the brakes engaging at all, but pedal still has pressure.
Did the pistons push in when brakes taken apart ? The uneven brake pad is typical of Yaris the inside pads do wear out sooner .
You may have sticky caliper

Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #27
xdarkxfirex

Yes, the pistons push back, and they arent seized. Thats why im kinda scratching my head.

Tags
air, bleeding, brakes, master cylinder, yaris