Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > NY / NJ/ CT / PA
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
toyoman
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Rough Idle in drive

First Post. My wife & I picked up a 07 Yaris sedan back in June. Want to know if anyone else is feeling rough idle in the drive position. Especially when your just releasing the brake slowly to start moving from a stop position. Don't think thats normal. I went to the dealer and they say that these cars run very lean. I don't believe that story. We also have a 2001 echo. Same 1.5 ltr engine and not getting that rough feel. Any Ideas.Thanks............
toyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
tiksman

Drives: 07 Red Hatch
I notice that when the air is on at a stop.
tiksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
yep, accesories on seems to roughen up the idle.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
No doubt,when I turn my lights on(fog and main),it almost feels like it wants to stall,then smooths out alittle.It might be a good idea to get a better alternator.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
liquidx084

Drives: 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyoman View Post
First Post. My wife & I picked up a 07 Yaris sedan back in June. Want to know if anyone else is feeling rough idle in the drive position. Especially when your just releasing the brake slowly to start moving from a stop position. Don't think thats normal. I went to the dealer and they say that these cars run very lean. I don't believe that story. We also have a 2001 echo. Same 1.5 ltr engine and not getting that rough feel. Any Ideas.Thanks............
I brought my Yaris to the dealership recently because I felt that it was idling rather violently compared to the milage of the car. They said that they compared it with another Yaris and said that it was "normal". Either way, they told me that they'll put my complaint in their files so just in case something happens to the car in the future they'll fix it for free. But, visually the engine is vibrating more than I think it should and I think I hear a valve tap. Around July of '06 when I first bought the car there was a recall on it for an "engine component malfunction" on the news it said that it starved the engine of oil causing it to stall out. But, i've searched online and there's nothing about it.

twitter: https://twitter.com/migueljay
liquidx084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
I would love to see someone find the recall info,I want somthing to show toyota if somthing happens,maybe theyll trying to keep it under the radar till alot of them start having a problem.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
liquidx084

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
I would love to see someone find the recall info,I want somthing to show toyota if somthing happens,maybe theyll trying to keep it under the radar till alot of them start having a problem.
Dude, I think it's some conspiracy. Becuase me and my two friends were watching the news and they were gonna talk about the Yaris. So, I figured it was gonna be good news but, no it was about the recall that no one can find proof on.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
liquidx084

I FOUND IT!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13916606/

Old 04-22-2007, 03:40 AM   #9
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
relax vibraions are normal when its cold outside. toyota motors are notoroius for valve type noise when cold. hondas and nissans do the same. if problems persist during warm temps then i would notify your service advisor.

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote